HANK is gone (KNAH 99.7)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember a few years ago when 94.7 went from alternative rock to a stupid sports channel. I was on patrol and it happened around 4am. Bastards tried to sneak it in there when nobody was listening. :pissed:
Are you talking about The Buzz (which was legitimately awesome) or The Brew? Lol either way they should’ve never got rid of The Buzz.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about The Buzz (which was legitimately awesome) or The Brew? Lol either way they should’ve never got rid of The Buzz.

I think it was the BUZZ first, because they were the first ever alternative/grunge radio station in Oklahoma.

Then they switched to the BREW and still played some Nirvana, Soundgarden, Audioslave and Pearl Jam, but they also mixed in a little bit of 80s hair bands and even some 70s classic rock.

Both were awesome stations replaced by a stupid sports talk show.

The only thing I hate worse than watching sports on TV is listening to sports on the radio.

And the only thing I hate worse than listening to sports on the radio is listening to a couple of dipshits talking about sports on the radio! :pissed:

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it was the BUZZ first, because they were the first ever alternative/grunge radio station in Oklahoma.

Then they switched to the BREW and still played some Nirvana, Soundgarden, Audioslave and Pearl Jam, but they also mixed in a little bit of 80s hair bands and even some 70s classic rock.

The only thing I hate worse than watching sports on TV is listening to sports on the radio.

And the only thing I hate worse than listening to sports on the radio is listening to a couple of dipshits talking about sports on the radio! :pissed:
I love the Buzz, I still have one of their t shirts somewhere with a buzzard on it. I hate to say it but the Katt is stuck in the 70s lol. I also agree, sports radio is the most annoying sheet, two biased dorks hyping OU football, only to complain about it midseason.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dave and Dan were the best morning DJs on the air.
Weren't you listening the day of the Murrah bombing?. That day, and for the rest of the week Dave went on anti-gun rants.

He stateed, in no uncertain terms and several times over several days, that no civilians should ever own any kind of gun.

That was the last week I ever listened to that station.

Freaking Marxist.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was the last week I ever listened to that station.
To be honest they were the only country station in OKC at the time. So there wasn't much choice.

Fact is I don't listen to KXXY any more since iHeart Radio bought them out several years ago. KNAH (now KWFF) advertises H&H Range all the time.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

We think alot alike!! I miss KRXO classic rock. Now listen to 92.5 KOMA. Bought a newer truck a few years ago and doesn't have a CD player. WTF... loaded a lot of CD's on thumb drive but not the same...

Listened to sports radio once for 5 minutes. Except for OU games PPV.... I like country but the old country songs. 70's and 80's

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We think alot alike!! I miss KRXO classic rock. Now listen to 92.5 KOMA. Bought a newer truck a few years ago and doesn't have a CD player. WTF... loaded a lot of CD's on thumb drive but not the same...

Listened to sports radio once for 5 minutes. Except for OU games PPV.... I like country but the old country songs. 70's and 80's

As a kid in the 70s, I grew up on outlaw country (Waylon, Willie, Johnny Cash) that was my dad's favorite. He also loved Rockabilly (Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins). You can still catch "some" classic country on 96.1 and 105.9, but sometimes they sneak in some of that damned newer stuff that's really pop, not country.

I listen to everything under the sun...except most hip-hop and today's hits. Probably the stations I scan the most are 100.5, 92.5, 97.5 and 104.7. Sometimes I'll listen to 106.5 if I'm feeling nostalgic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom