Happy Election Day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happy Election Day!

I’ve no admonitions to vote one way or another or even to vote. Just an observation about our surreal political era. The contrast in visions presented by our parties is stark.

From the party whose initial proposal (HR1) was to nationalize the same mail-in fiasco that lead to Jan 6th, and who also wanted to eliminate the filibuster, stack the court, bring new Senators to life via Puerto Rico, and DC, as well as do away with the electoral college, tells us that democracy itself could die today. Democracy first, then your children - we’ve heard in the last week. Killed on the streets by victorious fascists.

And from Republicans, their vision conjures Portland, Seattle, or California. Those seem alarm enough. Though groceries, gas, heating bills and the economy are easy targets. Never mind, that should they win, these will not be easily influenced without super-majorities or Presidential Veto-overrides.

We in Oklahoma can be thankful we are insulated a bit from the Left Coasts.

But battleground terrains are not forever off in the distance. We have our radicals. Oklahoma City’s own JoBeth Hamon of Ward 6 swore her oath on Howard Zinn’s “A People’s History of the United States”, the only American authored U.S.History text allowed in Iran. And yes, her votes, positions and values are everything you’d expect from that factoid. Our Universities suffer the affects and spread the same Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity (DEI) industrial complex that other Universities spread. At the very least proving the axiom “Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket”. But surely we are not yet Portland or Seattle.

So happy election day. If the season has been tough on you, count your blessings, it could have been worse. It could have included a Presidential bid. I’m not sure where you go from the death of democracy or children hunted in the streets but I’m sure a Presidential election would have at least included a vision of a pending meteor or perhaps the antichrist.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure it will be a happy election day but won't know for sure until perhaps later tonight. I hope whatever happens is accepted and there are no Brown Shirts roaming the streets

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With that attitude, you are part of the problem.
And what problem would that be… that I don’t tell people what to do with their political life?

Or that I don’t tell people which way to vote?

Or might it be that because I wager some people know so little or even have so little skin in the game, I seriously don’t care if those vote?

If the problem is you just forgot your medication this morning, then cheers. It will get better.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And what problem would that be… that I don’t tell people what to do with their political life?

Or that I don’t tell people which way to vote?

Or might it be that because I wager some people know so little or even have so little skin in the game, I seriously don’t care if those vote?

If the problem is you just forgot your medication this morning, then cheers. It will get better.

Did I say any of that? Your comment that is in bold text was what my whole comment was about.

In other words, if you like neither party and consider not voting at all, that would be your problem.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regardless of who wins things won’t change. People will continue to believe if republicans can take back the house and senate things will get better. They won’t. Look at the scum bag that will be senate majority leader again. Ol Mitch McConnell. He ain’t no different than the current majority leader. And don’t get me started on Lankford, Bice and Mr. “I’m only gonna serve two terms” MarkWayne Mullin.

Then I look at our state election. I really fear Stitt will lose. The left is trying hard to unseat him. That alone proves he is doing something right. It sickens me how some on this very site , who profess to be big 2A supporters, say they won’t vote for him. He has kept his promise to defend the 2A. That is huge to me.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did I say any of that? Your comment that is in bold text was what my whole comment was about.

In other words, if you like neither party and consider not voting at all, that would be your problem.
Well then, it would appear that I don’t have a problem after all. I very much prefer one party over the other. Which was obvious. And I voted before the post was made. Somewhere around Wednesday or Thursday if memory serves. I simply said I was not making any admonishments for others before I proceded with the meat of my post. Odd you hung up on that one statement and decided I was part of “a problem”.

Latest posts

Top Bottom