Happy Thanksgiving 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving from the Group W bench!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Aww man, I'm gonna have to see if I can find the movie on Amazon. Haven't heard the song or watched the movie in 30 years.

"Man came in, said, "All rise!" We all stood up, and Obie stood up with the Twenty-seven 8 by10 colored glossy pictures, and the judge walked in, sat Down, with a seein' eye dog and he sat down. We sat down Obie looked at the seein' eye dog then at the twenty-seven 8 x 10 Colored glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the Back of each one and looked at the seein' eye dog and then at The twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy pictures with the circles and arrows And a paragraph on the back of each on and began to cry

Because Obie came to the realization that it was a typical case of American Blind justice, and there wasn't nothin' he could do about it, and the judge Wasn't gonna look at the twenty-seven 8 by 10 colored glossy pictures with The circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explainin' What each one was, to be used as evidence against us And we was fined fifty dollars and had to pick up the garbage in the snow"

What a storyteller!

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone !

Except for the years that I was dragging my bride of 43+ years around overseas this will be the first year that we will not be fixing a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.......turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, mashed potatoes, hot rolls etc. etc.

This year we decided that we both want made from scratch fried Vietnamese spring rolls (Cha Gio)......which are not to be confused with egg rolls that most Chinese restaurants serve or that a person can purchase frozen and nuke at home were the wrapper is made of flour, the wrapper for Cha Gio is rice paper that after frying is crispy and flaky.

Discounting actual frying time they are pretty time consuming and labor intensive to make.....chopped crab and shrimp are mixed with seasoned ground pork, then you have to dampen the brittle rice paper sheets so that it becomes pliable enough to roll without breaking and the ones she rolls are considerably bigger around than the ones pictured.

One of my favorite Vietnamese foods and I'm really looking forward to lunch. :)

Cha Gio.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom