Has anybody ever used the brand heavy shot shotgun shells

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you are required to shoot something that's lead free, I wouldn't do it. There are too many excellent lead turkey loads that cost lots less.

Having said that, I wouldn't expect that one would use very many rounds on turkey, and ammo, whatever it costs, is the cheapest part of any hunt.

Hunters who skimp on ammo, and fishermen who use cheap line all have similar sad stories to tell. CB

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my old turkey gun, Hevishot patterned better than anything else I tried....about 50% better at 40 yrds. That was with a patternmaster tube. I have not patterned it in my new gun yet. It may be another story.

dauthement1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my old turkey gun, Hevishot patterned better than anything else I tried....about 50% better at 40 yrds. That was with a patternmaster tube. I have not patterned it in my new gun yet. It may be another story.

He said the magic word "pattermaster", i have a shot quite a few ducks and geese and the patternmaster patterns everything from #6 to BBB very well, i have them in all my hunting shotguns. As far as the heavyshot, i wouldnt waste the money unless you have to shoot non-toxic, even then a good load of steel #2s should do the trick. Take into account that you can not shoot the heavy shot or any other of the tungsten type shells thru a choke that not designed for steel as they are harder than steel and in my opinion are just way to exspensive for what you get. A 2oz load of #4 lead is the daddy of them all tho!!!

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hevi-Shot patterns great out of my Win Super X2 with the factory turkey choke. I've had much cleaner kills with it than with any lead load I've tried except for a 2X6 load I use to get at Southwest Shooters.

eliza

New to the site!
Reaction score
I read your post and totally agree with you.Its nice sharing.web sites are source of information and this is one of them I book mark it and mail all of my friends to must check it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom