Has anyone ever had any problems with H&H gun range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do you mind if i ask you about the details surrounding this incident? I'm curious since two people have already mentioned this 'fat larry' fellow.

It'll be tough to get a straight answer.
The legend of fat Larry
You see there once was a thread about the scoundrel "Fat Larry," but it disappeared, never to be heard of again. Rumor has it that all those that speak ill of Obese Lawrence disappear. Some say he's the son of a jackal, others say he's hillary and trump's love child, some just believe he's just an a$$hat that's friends with a moderator.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only go in there once or twice a year but have always been treated superbly. I mean excellent customer service. But I never shoot there. I have heard others complain about customer service as well though. On a side note I did watch Rob Letham shoot there. Wow.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I only go in there once or twice a year but have always been treated superbly. I mean excellent customer service. But I never shoot there. I have heard others complain about customer service as well though. On a side note I did watch Rob Letham shoot there. Wow.

Whenever I have gone in, I have had great service from the folks working there. That said, I don't go there very often because it takes some time to get there and I really don't like the ventilation their range has.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a membership for several years. I got sick of the place. I will still go to Big Boys. I only buy from Hoov and SSP. I also order online and have the items sent to SSP. I will not pay an extra $100 for shidy service and a chance to feel good about myself.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fat Larry is a guy who yelled at my daughter in her CCW class because she didn't have her trigger finger indexed high enough to suit him. Basically, he told her he would throw her out of the class if she didn't pay more attention and she started crying. That pissed me off. There is no need to be rude to somebody especially a young lady just because your concealed carry instructor. Big freaking deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's unacceptable and inappropriate behaviour of anyone, let alone an employee dealing with customers. I mean, you're paying them to teach you, not to yell at you. Granted, there are some times when it is probably appropriate to yell and be clear when someone is being completely negligent with a firearm, but by your description of events that sounds completely uncalled for and unprofessional. that individual, if the events are as described, should probably not have a job anymore.

Sorry if i dug at old wounds.

It'll be tough to get a straight answer.
The legend of fat Larry
You see there once was a thread about the scoundrel "Fat Larry," but it disappeared, never to be heard of again. Rumor has it that all those that speak ill of Obese Lawrence disappear. Some say he's the son of a jackal, others say he's hillary and trump's love child, some just believe he's just an a$$hat that's friends with a moderator.

I think you should be judged on how well you treat others. There are many who deal with firearms, but i think there is a closer community of firearm enthusiasts. Once word spreads, especially in a small community like here, it spreads fast. We all make mistakes, but if your an individual like that, you get a reputation that harms your business. I think 'Fat Larry' should answer for his own behaviour and H&H shooting range should answer for it as well.

moderators deleting threads, discussion and censoring criticism of businesses because of personal relationships really has no place in any firearms community or forum, in my opinion. if that's true.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any SDA Instructor that treats people like that should loose their instructor's license. I would never in any way embarrass a student in my classes like that in front of other people. A guy like that hurts the progun movement in a time when we need to strengthen it. She should have filed a complaint with the state.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any SDA Instructor that treats people like that should loose their instructor's license. I would never in any way embarrass a student in my classes like that in front of other people. A guy like that hurts the progun movement in a time when we need to strengthen it. She should have filed a complaint with the state.

Could she still?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
gNah, she got an apology from a manager; she's satisfied and just wants to let the incident go. The guy just has a bad sense of customer service, IMO. The Halls did a good job at H&H overall...more than anyone else in OK has done for the whole firearms thing, but some of the employees just suck. Is it any different at a lot of places? Ever get good service at Academy when it comes to dealing with firearms? Dick's? Dong's? (We're seeing a pattern here maybe...)

Latest posts

Top Bottom