Has this loophole been closed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Edit: N/M i was thinking this applied to SDA permit. Mot open carry. My bas.

So I was looking for SDA or CCW classes here in Oklahoma and I ran across this article. It's almost 5 years old. I followed up and a few google searches yield quite a few sites that still offer this avenue of obtaing a SDA license, just not from Oklahoma

https://oklahomawatch.org/2015/02/05/loophole-allows-carrying-handgun-without-training/

Just curious if anyone has gone down this route to obtaing a CCW or SDA license.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can already do this now without a license. I wouldn’t waste my money on an out of state permit.

In Oklahoma yes, but unless and until other states recognize our permitless carry it’s not a bad idea to have a permit that will cover you if you travel.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In Oklahoma yes, but unless and until other states recognize our permitless carry it’s not a bad idea to have a permit that will cover you if you travel.
Agreed. I just wouldn’t get an out of state permit. I’d get the Oklahoma one. It’s a one day class and some paperwork.

Latest posts

Top Bottom