Has your wife ever gotten onto you for…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prewash my dishes because of OCD..Ha.
Dumbest thing I've ever got in the doghouse for, is buying her a gift she wanted but didn't know she no longer wanted it.
I have ocd too so I know what you mean. I actually do all the cleaning and stuff around my house because my wife can’t do it up to my standards. I know she don’t mind either. Lol. She helps sometimes and I go in behind her and critique her work. That really ticks her off. I shouldn’t do it but I can’t help it. My ocd just won’t let me leave it alone.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe. But I learned a LONG time ago to NEVER chastise a kid ... errr ... husband ... for doing ANYTHING even remotely related to "helping" around the house. Otherwise, you aren't gonna get any "help" at all.

Took a while to get my wife to understand this. She's a little OCD and has 'her' way of doing things. If you call a kid out(or husband) they'll be less likely to be helpful the next time. She has me well trained now...

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took a while to get my wife to understand this. She's a little OCD and has 'her' way of doing things. If you call a kid out(or husband) they'll be less likely to be helpful the next time. She has me well trained now...

Yeah. I just wait until he goes to work and then "do it right" lol. Except for the dishwasher. It's a hard, fast rule with the dishwasher. You WASH EVERYTHING before it goes in the dishwasher. EVERYTHING. We rarely use the dishwasher, as a consequence. He just stacks his **** in the sink and I wash it and put it in the other sink to dry. Our new dishwasher we put in when we remodeled has been run twice, I think. Lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe. But I learned a LONG time ago to NEVER chastise a kid ... errr ... husband ... for doing ANYTHING even remotely related to "helping" around the house. Otherwise, you aren't gonna get any "help" at all.
Never chastise your wife for leaving the salt and pepper out of your lunch box that she got up early in the am to make for you.
Yes, we were newlyweds when she was doing that, but the point was made, and I made my own lunch from then on.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never chastise your wife for leaving the salt and pepper out of your lunch box that she got up early in the am to make for you.
Yes, we were newlyweds when she was doing that, but the point was made, and I made my own lunch from then on.

Haha! Yeah. I'm actually the easier going of the 2 of us. But I'm a fairly quick study and there are several things I won't be doing around here ... to his liking or otherwise ... :bah: cuz I'll only try to fix what ails ya for so long. Then I'll just go drink my beer in the backyard ... where it's nice and quiet. :sunbath:

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The nesting instinct is deeply rooted. A woman's kitchen/home is her kingdom... (queendom?)... no, realm.

I was excoriated once over my habit of using the wrong clothes hangers. There are two types and I used the wrong ones for the wrong thing. Thought I had solved the problem by buying her more of the kind of hanger that she favored. Nooo...when I did that she was upset that I simply did not understand

Trying to be better...

Brother, I can't even begin to count the different iterations of clothes hangers my wife favors. Thinking back on our ten years together I think the number is five. That's FIVE TIMES she's thrown out old "bad" hangers, spent good money on new "good" hangers, only for the cycle to start again after a year or so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom