Haute couture for hunting armadillo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are supposedly edible but some folks claim they carry leprosy, so I'll pass on the diller taco's.
yes, 1 in 5 do carry leprosy but its carried on their feet. I know a guy who eats, or has eaten diller before. He claims it's good but kinda like turtle, I aint gonna try it.

Last edited:

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Google Hamburg Arkansas Armadillo Festival. Use to go to it in early '70s when I lived in Crosset Ark. They taste ok with enough BBQ sauce.
Yea they tear yards up but I wouldn't shoot one outside of fence, they eat a lot of grubs!! which are a staple for the darn moles.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm... wonder if they'd eat an alka-seltzer... :D

Now that's a thought, but I wouldn't want them bursting in the yard. I originally shot them with a .22-250 42 grain running 4150 fps. Never again. The splatter field of gore was impressive to see but not experience when the dogs rolled in it.
The blushing bride bathed the dogs the first time. The second time, it was my duty and I changed to a caliber without the carnage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom