Haute couture for hunting armadillo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn!!!! I, once, shot a diller at the junction of the tail and shell with a 125 gr BT from my .308. The shot was straight on stem to stern. I just found the "peak" of his shell and the rest was just pink mist. Now I want to hit one the same way except using my .300 Win mag with a 180 gr BT and see if I can turn it TOTALLY into a pink mist. YES, I am a sick puppy:clap3:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Know what is odd I have eaten gold fish and raw carp and cooked carp and gar, armadillo, peacock.
Alligator snapping turtle, soft shell turtle, read ear sliders, muscles from a pond, deer and cow brains,cow tongue, pigs feet,
But normal stuff like alligator or rattle snake I have not eaten. Yet.
I was cooking a cotton mouth when I was 12 and dad showed up and said you can't eat that and tossed it into the pond.
I almost had it finished cooking.
I asked why and he said I don't know why but people don't eat cotton mouth snakes.

I shot at that snake maybe 30 times and never hit it with a fully leaded up 357 and decided I just needed to catch it under a 5 gallon bucket as it kept coming out of the water headed for me in my lawn chair.
Got 5" from my feet and I still missed... Lucky I did not shoot my foot off.

I finally got it under the bucket and placed my tackle box on top and went and found a good strong forked stick so I could pin it's head down and cut it off.

I cut it about 5" back from his nose dad was in town all night and left me there in the woods by myself fishing in a pond in Cushing OK.
I was getting really hungry and was going to eat that snake. Fish were not biting.
9AM and he shows up and he had peanut butter and jelly in the vehicle, so I ate that since he tossed my meal away.

I ate the raw carp because the old man would not feed me on another fishing trip, he just sat all day drinking beer with his buddies.
Well I did get fed 1/2 a can of Dinty moore beef stew he cooked in the can that day.

I will tell you one thing I will not pass up trying something. Not going to go hungry for long.

Latest posts

Top Bottom