Have been looking for Lucas Extreme Duty gun oil and guess what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
p_100017501_1.jpg

this stuff

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp, I don't like the little tube on the bottle. It's not exactly a needle-point oiler. I'm gonna pour mine in a cheap plastic bottle I bought in the fishing section at Academy that has a better tube on the end. Now I have little plastic bottles with various lubes and cleaners and so on in them...Mobil One, Breakfree CLP, Hoppes #9, some forgotten and un-labeled substance, and now Lucas Gun Oil.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to use it tomorrow with some copper cleaner I just got in. Will see how it goes. I got 3 of my guns really dirty today and one of them is a ruger 22/45. 22 ammo is inherently dirty, so this will be a good test as I will be completely tearing down all 3 guns to give a intense cleaning. Then see how the copper cleaner works and will oil with the lucas and check it after a burn up a bunch of rounds (like today)

Ive been using that for a few years. But my 22/45 does not like it. At least try to keep it out of your firing pin channel. With all the filth created by 22lr rounds, it tends to gum up my firing pin after a few hundred rounds and I start getting light strikes. Ive since gone to a CLP for my 22/45. But keep in mind that mine is always shot with a can on it so it gets way dirtier than yours probably ever will. So it may work just fine for yours.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Show me a picture of the one you got. Some have the big end and others (like mine) are needle point.
Show me a pic and I'll pick up one like mine for ya.

Okay. Here's a pic of Lucas tip. And here's the two of them together. I’ll see if they have some more of the ones with the more needlely tip at Academy and pick up one for you. It really is more needlely
aa1135e25131ca9f11a44b37c20a20bf.jpg
77106bd8fc702edbdd189ebba3d1710f.jpg
. Now just gander at them two: the cheap plastic refillable is quite a bit more needlely than the big fat thing on the end of the Lucas bottle. But then, the Lucas tip is smaller than a Breakfree CLP Tip as shown here:
b3fc91d883b593f14484032df1fa6c30.jpg
But the Breakfree Tip is smaller than the Rem Oil monstrosity for sure, as should be obvious, to even the most casual observer. Observe:
9188cf5b8f5f9b7ef9dc9329ddcf4304.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to confuse things any more than they may already be, but we can clearly see that it just gets worse as I peruse my available lubricants. Lubricants are ordered left to right by nozzle/applicator size with Mobil 1 on the far left clearly having the largest "tip" and the cheap plastic refillable from Academy on the far right having the smallest available tip. I have an industrial sized container in the garage but I shudder at the thought of trying to apply a single drop on each lug, per the owner’s manual, using it! No sir, thank you very much!
065e9c97bc94b071e2a9ca218924583c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some old allergy shot syringes I use, run the tip across fine sandpaper or the garage floor to keep form poking yourself or scratching your metal. Works well for oil or light grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom