Have or thinking about buying a "home assistant" speaker device

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say if you value your privacy you better not.

https://www.wmur.com/article/nh-jud...o-recordings-in-double-homicide-case/24893714

Basically it shows that:

A. The device can record all the time.
B. The provider will potentially have recordings.
C. The government can and will attempt to get the recordings.

So my guess is that at any point in time big brother can use it against you and most of the time you won't even think about it being there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I don't sell dope or illegal firearms from home, and I'm pretty much always on the right side of the law. The snoops would get pretty bored listening in on me.
My son that is wheelchair bound from an accident has Alexa that controls his lights, H&A system, TV's, etc. It's a lifesaver for him.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't send my DNA into any testing site either. Grumpy asked me tonight if there was anything in my past that worried me.
Maybe you're worried that you're actually related to that crazy relative--or worse, maybe there aren't any crazy relatives, leaving you the crazy relative by default?

Decades ago, a distant relation (a preacher of some sort) was doing some genealogy research, and he and his wife stopped by to visit my grandpa. Grandpa, being a cantankerous old coot even before he was old, kept asking, much to the consternation of the preacher's wife, if they'd found the horse thief in the family yet, because it was a well-known fact that every family had at least one horse thief.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you're worried that you're actually related to that crazy relative--or worse, maybe there aren't any crazy relatives, leaving you the crazy relative by default?

Decades ago, a distant relation (a preacher of some sort) was doing some genealogy research, and he and his wife stopped by to visit my grandpa. Grandpa, being a cantankerous old coot even before he was old, kept asking, much to the consternation of the preacher's wife, if they'd found the horse thief in the family yet, because it was a well-known fact that every family had at least one horse thief.
We do!! Blackjack Ketchum, hung in Boise city back in the day for several crimes including being a horse thief. If you go into the old hotel in town, there is a big display of the hanging with pics, etc.
I posted pics on here awhile back of it.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Oh I already know the answer to that one. I'm the black sheep of the family. I'm also the sanest one. How scary is THAT?!?!?! :ooh2:

:rotflmao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom