Have or thinking about buying a "home assistant" speaker device

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your right. We stayed in Clayton on our way home from Colorado this summer. Boise city has an old restaurant that is similar on main street we have ate at as well. Good catch!

You have to remember...

...I grew up in that area. West of Boise City is Lake Carl Etling and north of Clayton is Clayton Lake. Camped many a time in both places.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have to remember...

...I grew up in that area. West of Boise City is Lake Carl Etling and north of Clayton is Clayton Lake. Camped many a time in both places.
The RV park we stayed at in Clayton wasn't far from the lake? There was a sign that said lake thatta way we passed before getting to the park.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh, I don't worry about it too much. We have a Google "Home" in the kitchen; and yeah, it's just more of a novelty than anything. I use it as a timer, to sing a song for the grandkids, and to ask it stupid questions.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No horse thieves, but we did have a drug and gun runner in the family!

My mom's brother was always a wandering sort. Sometimes he'd be around, sometimes he'd be gone for years. Sometimes we'd get collect calls from jail.

One night in my senior year of high school, I pulled up to the house late and there was a long black Lincoln sticking out of the barn stall where I usually parked my car. I parked next to the barn, went in the house and there was some guy sleeping on the couch. I went upstairs and went to bed. It was late. Woke up the next morning and he was gone. Mom was in the kitchen making breakfast and I asked who that guy was. "That was your uncle Jimmy, he was on his way to Maine from Florida and stopped for the night".

A month later he ended up in jail after getting caught with drugs and guns in the trunk of that Lincoln....he was moving them from Florida up to Maine and made several trips before he got busted.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I don't sell dope or illegal firearms from home, and I'm pretty much always on the right side of the law. The snoops would get pretty bored listening in on me.
My son that is wheelchair bound from an accident has Alexa that controls his lights, H&A system, TV's, etc. It's a lifesaver for him.

Sooo where do you sell your drugs and illegal firearms from......?:cool:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meanwhile in Bluffdale, Utah the new, massive NSA datacenter is hungry for data...

bluffdale-nsa-datacenter.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/netapp/2013/07/26/nsa-utah-datacenter/#6f93b0dd5d9c

Latest posts

Top Bottom