Have you used a Frankford Arsenal Universal Precision Case Trimmer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
If so, does this trim, debur, and chamfer, or just strictly trim the case?
I am grabbing the last few items I need to start loading, and this thing caught my eye.
I will keep trying to find the answer, just figured someone here has used one.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this is the only one that deburrs as it trims, pricey but from what I've read, worth it.
https://www.giraudtool.com/giraud-power-trimmer.html
I use the dillion sizer/trimmer and this to deburr/chamfer. Works good but still takes time. Fingers got worn out with the manual tool. Wow, just looked and it about $80-$90 more than when I got mine, damn near doubled!
Xpress-1.jpg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this is the only one that deburrs as it trims, pricey but from what I've read, worth it.
https://www.giraudtool.com/giraud-power-trimmer.html
I use the dillion sizer/trimmer and this to deburr/chamfer. Works good but still takes time. Wow, just looked and it about $80-$90 more than when I got mine, damn near doubled!
View attachment 239670
Yeah everything has just about doubled by the looks of it. Nothing is cheap anymore. Only going to get worse for a while yet. ☹️

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of those as well, but it is so much better than doing it by hand. Worth the money IMO.
Those are slick for sure, however seeing as I am just starting, and the closest range is an hour drive until I buy a place, I dont shoot enough to justify that kind of investment yet. Trying to trim, debur and chamfer for 100 bucks or less at this point.

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah everything has just about doubled by the looks of it. Nothing is cheap anymore. Only going to get worse for a while yet. ☹️
The G has always been in the $500 range for basic setup, even when I first started looking 6-7 years ago. It’s a known quality piece that’s value is more steady than the dollar lol.
I have a friend that uses the FA case trimmer and he loves it, better than the old drill head trimmers. Very consistent and easily so. I don’t think it chamfer/deburrs though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom