HAWAII - anyone have family/friends there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of ya'll have family/friends near the volcanic activity.

Looks pretty bad on the news, but they usually exaggerate stuff so much it's hard to trust 'em. I'm curious as to what the locals think. :/

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a cousin living on the west side of the big island. It definitely sucks that people are losing their homes and such, but housing is super cheap on the East side because of this risk. Apparently, a lot of transplants buy in flow zones because of the abundance and land deals.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was talking about. News stations aren't about to mention anything that makes it sound less tragic.

Thanks for the info. :thumb:
Hard to feel someone's loss when they do something stupid. Sure, buy land right next to a active volcano.......... WHAT COULD HAPPEN????? Here's your sign

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The entire area where the lava has cooled and hardened is a spooky place, one can walk literally for miles on the lava and get lost. People in other states are afraid to move to Oklahoma because of tornados and we ever have one that hits our home. Conversely, the Hawaii volcano blowing isn't a daily occurrence but it could happen.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People in the SanFrancisco bay are have million dollar mortgages but cannot afford earthquake insurance. "What me worry?"

One person sees someone else building in the active lava flow ares so they decide to do it also. Ten people do it... and the race is on!

Latest posts

Top Bottom