Hawaii Five-0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last night, they had a murder committed with a 256 Winchester Magnum. The female cop said that was an unusual gun for a murder and it is.

The round (a 357 Magnum case necked down to take a .256 bullet) was produced by Winchester in co-operation with Colt in the mid-1960's and a few experimental Pythons were chambered in it, but they ran into a lot of problems with the cases backing out of the chamber and binding the guns up, so Colt dropped the program.

Ruger then developed a gun called the Hawkeye that was chambered in the 256 cartridge but it was a single shot based on the Blackhawk frame, but in place of the cylinder, a solid swiveling breech block was used and I understand that the cartridges were fed into the barrel

Here's a picture of one.

300px-Flickr_-_~Steve_Z~_-_Ruger_Hawkeye_%287%29.jpg

Like I say, it was interesting to see a rare gun featured prominently in a network TV program. Ruger produced around 3100 of the guns and then stopped making it. It is a much sought after by Ruger collectors. Thompson/Center also made barrels for the Contender chambered in this round.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to be a "Debbie Downer" but I stopped watching Hawaii Five-0 a season or two ago when the main character brutally tortured a suspect. The cop (and Christian) in me just couldn't watch it any longer. Sad, because before that episode, I loved thst show.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to be a "Debbie Downer" but I stopped watching Hawaii Five-0 a season or two ago when the main character brutally tortured a suspect. The cop (and Christian) in me just couldn't watch it any longer. Sad, because before that episode, I loved thst show.

I stopped watching when they had a bomb and the lead actor told the bomb squad to stay back while he went out in his bomb resistant suit coat. Then there was the swat team full battle rattle lead into the house by the lead actor again. Then ...

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped watching when they had a bomb and the lead actor told the bomb squad to stay back while he went out in his bomb resistant suit coat. Then there was the swat team full battle rattle lead into the house by the lead actor again. Then ...

Still better than watching Shemar Moore ham it up on S.W.A.T. He stinks.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still better than watching Shemar Moore ham it up on S.W.A.T. He stinks.

Yeah, I watched SWAT for about 3 or 4 episodes before I moved on.

My favorite cop show is...well...was...The Rookie on ABC. I say "was" because I got rid of DirecTV back in December. Best move I ever made. Now I watch Hulu and Netflix...when I have time to watch TV, that is. I just got sick of all the news BS, millionaires playing sports and all the damned car and lawyer commercials.

Latest posts

Top Bottom