Hazing The Newbies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have a buddy that's recently gotten into his unique American freedoms. Within a range trip or two, he's unloaded a bank account into some fun stuff. He also has developed a bad habit over the last few months of trusting opinions of the pawn brokers that sell guns.

He shops around the LGS/pawn shops quite a bit, and he's been curious of a particular Taurus 1911 for the last few weeks. Naturally, every shooter at the table warns him that that smokin' deal would be a $650 paperweight, how Atwoods has a stainless Ruger 1911 for the same money, but he's smitten with that Taurus, even though real guns don't say Taurus on the slide.

So, at lunch a few days ago, we tell him he can get a better 1911 way cheaper, brand name Crosman... which we all agree is a much better and more reputable firearms manufacturer, and gave him advice to google it on our way out the door.

Apparently, excited by the premise of a cheap, quality made 1911 was too much to sit on. He drove straight over to the LGS and asked them to price one for him... It's been days, haven't heard from him.

TL;DR - Sent a buddy on a 'blinker fluid' trip to the gun store. He's taking it badly.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
karma-quotes-funny-love-revenge-life2.jpg

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I used to have them running around walmart to find blinker fluid for my "new" car. But there is always someone out there who will fall for stupid stuff. Playing a game online that had a server side mod people would come in and ask how people made the jeeps fly across the map. Never failed someone would say "Alt-F4 twice real fast turns on turbo mode", after a few seconds three or four people would drop out of the server.

My favorite is to just create a shortcut on their desktop with an icon and name for something they use often but the actual shortcut is
Code:
%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /r /t 20
which happily reboots their computer after a short pause.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tell him you can buy that Taurus for $450-500 new if you shop around. Might ease his pain. That goofy hammer lock they put on there has failed on a gun or two and turned them into single shots.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have a buddy that's recently gotten into his unique American freedoms. Within a range trip or two, he's unloaded a bank account into some fun stuff. He also has developed a bad habit over the last few months of trusting opinions of the pawn brokers that sell guns.

He shops around the LGS/pawn shops quite a bit, and he's been curious of a particular Taurus 1911 for the last few weeks. Naturally, every shooter at the table warns him that that smokin' deal would be a $650 paperweight, how Atwoods has a stainless Ruger 1911 for the same money, but he's smitten with that Taurus, even though real guns don't say Taurus on the slide.

So, at lunch a few days ago, we tell him he can get a better 1911 way cheaper, brand name Crosman... which we all agree is a much better and more reputable firearms manufacturer, and gave him advice to google it on our way out the door.

Apparently, excited by the premise of a cheap, quality made 1911 was too much to sit on. He drove straight over to the LGS and asked them to price one for him... It's been days, haven't heard from him.

TL;DR - Sent a buddy on a 'blinker fluid' trip to the gun store. He's taking it badly.

Lemme see: Taurus or Ruger 1911, both at $650. Which to choose? Oh decisions, decisions! Man, friends don’t let friends buy Taurus pistols or Fobus Holsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a young man with muscles I worked as a stone mason. Loved to send the new laborers around the building from mason to mason looking for the "rock stretcher ".

Latest posts

Top Bottom