Head Count

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh crap yeah it’s fun to catch’em like that.

Okbassin, this is from one of our rentals. Monday night at 8:40pm we had roughly 15-17 come in to the east side and we dropped the gate, not even 10 minutes after that roughly 17 or 18 came in on the west side and we dropped that gate for a total of 35.

At a little after 10pm they caught 3 more and then about 11pm the next night they dropped on one more.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was about to cry when the shooting started. The two guys doing the shooting were using 22’s and every time they shot I was thinking it’s gonna be hard replacing all those boolits!:crying:

The landowner that caught the hogs couldn’t be happier catching that many pigs at once, said his face hurt from smiling so much.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend that has a boar buster trap that he sets up on my ranch from time to time to help with the hog problem. His trap has alarms and video so he sits in his easy chair at home and traps them. He then sell any over 100 lbs. to one of the shoot ranches near me....helps me and he make some $'s for his catch

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a friend that has a boar buster trap that he sets up on my ranch from time to time to help with the hog problem. His trap has alarms and video so he sits in his easy chair at home and traps them. He then sell any over 100 lbs. to one of the shoot ranches near me....helps me and he make some $'s for his catch
Hmmm... I'm not sure if it's even legal here in Oklahoma to sell hogs like that.

If you have a shoot ranch near you that hogs are being moved to then you'll most likely always have plenty of hogs at your place to trap.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you mark the ones being turned loose, I would almost bet you’d see a few of them again back at your place.:blush:

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm... I'm not sure if it's even legal here in Oklahoma to sell hogs like that.

If you have a shoot ranch near you that hogs are being moved to then you'll most likely always have plenty of hogs at your place to trap.
7 foot chain link electric fence around 1700 acs....they also have all types for rare game animals (exotic) that people pay the big bucks to shoot....no hogs escape from there I can guarantee you.....Its called Hickory Ridge Game Ranch

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom