Head Count

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear you cannot use the meat for food because of some disease. I watched a video on them being trapped and they said some state laws don't allow them for tablefair. Alabama maybe? I can't find it now.

https://www.cdc.gov/brucellosis/pdf/brucellosis_and_hoghunters.pdf
I think you just dress a feral hog with gloves (as many people do with everything these days), and you don't eat undercooked pork. No problems.

I’ve never worn gloves to clean anything, and it hasn’t killed me yet.

If there’s some problem with eating wild pork, I’ve never heard of it and have eaten a ton of it.:anyone:

I don’t know about OK, but TX is a “brucellosis free” state. You don’t have to vaccinate your cows for it anymore, but I still do.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did you keep them so concentrated and on such a small patch? What was attracting them there consistently enough for you to kill that many?
Its 160 acres of cover, surrounded by mostly wheatland with a few scattered tree rows. The neighbor who has the rest of the 80 acres of cover, hunts em over feeders, so they learn quickly to avoid them. Of course I bait em to my trap.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its 160 acres of cover, surrounded by mostly wheatland with a few scattered tree rows. The neighbor who has the rest of the 80 acres of cover, hunts em over feeders, so they learn quickly to avoid them. Of course I bait em to my trap.

What kind of trap you using? I'm sure you've said before but I haven't paid attention! Sorry :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom