Head Count

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one was ugly all around, but I managed to find a few.

After six weeks I was rusty!

20210902_003248.jpg

20210902_003352.jpg

20210902_003326.jpg

The crappy video...I'll get better again soon hopefully:

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just needed a nap! Before putting the story and more pics up. A couple sows and a litter of piglets have been pretty regular on game camera around 4-6 a.m time frame. Dad and I made plans to be down there this morning with vaccines for the sows. I had a cellular game cam up in this spot so I was getting frequent updates as we were in route. We parked about 500 yards away to be able to approach quietly. Still getting pictures of the 2 sows and piglets as we are getting closer. Then the pictures stop! Uh oh now they could be anywhere. That is okay, I will just start scanning with the thermal scope to locate the sounder. We could hear the pigs every know and then so we knew they were close by. The picture notifications start coming in again and I take a quick peak to see the big boar has joined in. I am pretty excited as this boar has been on the hit list for several months and will just disappear for no reason for awhile. He was on camera with the ladies on Friday morning for the first time in over a month. I thought maybe the one sow that didn't appear to be lactating might be in heat and had lured the boar in. Didn't see him again until 5 or 6 minutes before his vaccination. Unfortunately dad missed the sow and the cover so thick, neither of us attempted a 2nd shot. Shot placement behind the ear, 105 yards away for a nice flop. View attachment 220657View attachment 220658View attachment 220659
Looks like a nasty fella, great hunt!

Latest posts

Top Bottom