Head Count

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better hurry it is cooling off fast.

Many of the public lands have hogs. I get invited by several landowners to kill hogs. So it is tough for me to take others.

Ditto.

@ beardking : Once you manage to get that first landowner permission and prove you aren't an idiot around cattle and equipment, you'll get a few more invites to other properties.

Part of my understanding with a new landowner when I start hunting their place is that they know I will be alone when I come out. As a landowner/cattleman myself, I can vouch for how irksome it would be to grant one guy permission, and the next thing you know you have a hunting party on your property.

Unfortunately, this prevents me from taking others out. Occasionally I'll hunt a family friend's place, and will take my F-I-L...but he's been friends with the landowner for decades longer than I have.

We are getting close to rooting season...might see a little break once acorns fall, but the lack of acorns this year won't make for much of a break.

I bet it gets nasty early this winter out in the pastures/hay meadows.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May as well ask here,

guy I used to work with used dogs and took them alive, what do people do with the live hogs? Always curious and always forgot to ask lol

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May as well ask here,

guy I used to work with used dogs and took them alive, what do people do with the live hogs? Always curious and always forgot to ask lol

Usually turn them loose somewhere to hunt them again. Have a neighbor that used to do this, but charged people to come hunt with him. Big problem is that those hogs were on our ranch, tearing up the place.

He was somewhat irked when I wiped the area clean

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20211009_212127.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom