"Health & Wellness"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been a hectic week. I rode 12 miles Weds, 16 miles each on Thurs and Fri, 24 miles yesterday, and 40 miles this morning. Weather has been a bit wonky lately, and it doesn't look much better for the first part of next week. Keep turning those pedals over, guys.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, winds have been tough and the temp fluctuations are not enjoyable.
i barely managed 125 miles last week,
606D89F3-85DB-4740-8A03-2BF56B9A9365.png
57 miles yesterday.
been super busy.
Keep up the good work!

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geesh! How do you guys find so much time to ride for so long?

I've gotten tired of having to go to the gym to get my workout in, so this past week I pieced together my own gym. Hopefully I'll stick to being motivated to work out now that I've spent the money. Although, right now I'm sure sore from having to move everything around in my garage about 50 times to get it all set up.
20230423_205343.jpg

Last edited:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Geesh! How do you guys find so much time to ride for so long?

I've gotten tired of having to go to the gym to get my workout in, so this past week I pieced together my own gym. Hopefully I'll stick to being motivated to work out now that I've spent the money. Although, right now I'm sure from having to move everything around in my garage about 50 times to get it all set up.
View attachment 370329
Yep, time is a tough part on cycling. It's the reason I pretty much quit when we had kids - no real way to block together 3-4 hours around here with little ones. But, they're older now (unfortunately so am I) and it's easier. Still not easy, but easier.

I just do what I can and figure that's better than sitting on my ass.

Good luck with the home rig!

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Curious, have any of you cyclists ever done keto while riding?

I'd like to drop 10-15 pounds and have had really good luck with keto in the past. But I haven't ever tried it when doing something like cycling. I'm sort of intrigued by the possibility. I don't think it would work if I was time-trialing, but I'm not. I know it would suck for a couple weeks at least, but wonder if I survived that, if it would work for longer rides.

I find examples online with opinions all over the place, of course. Just curious if anyone has experience here.

Probably best idea is just stay the course, but curious.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Slacked off a bit after Redbud, tried to pedal on tornado night, only got in 9 miles on the trainer before the storms got a bit close and had to quit. Did 28 today around Draper lake, clockwise and counter clockwise and got the ticker up to 158 BPM for awhile.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scratch over 60 miles last week and I struggled to get that with the weather.

With the weather, I got some rollers, thinking maybe I wouldn't hate it as much as the trainer I had in the old days. Holy crap, staying upright on them is a whole new skill. That I don't have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom