"Health & Wellness"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to motivate others as well as keep myself accountable.

let's start this off by posting regular updates of your workouts.

it may motivate others or yourself whatever it maybe, walking, running, cycling, hiking, rucking, ellyptical, stationary bike, treadmill, rowing, weight lifting, calisthenics, roller skating, etc
BE ACTIVE

my goal for the year is 6000 miles on the road bike With Some calisthenics, little bit of running mixed in. Goal is min 1hr/day

my ride for 3/20/2023

Attachments

• 066A3BA4-37A6-40BB-BD60-7FDE49F57CB7.png
    066A3BA4-37A6-40BB-BD60-7FDE49F57CB7.png
    880.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All those activities listed sound a lot like work.

One of my close friends was a health nut that ate right and exercised regularly, and on September 8, 2021 he was sitting on the edge of his bed tying his running shoes and had an aneurysm and died.

If y’all hear that I died while tying a pair of running shoes (or even with a pair of running shoes on my feet), there needs to be a murder investigation started.

Last edited:

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I walk my dog 1.15 to 1.5 miles each day = approx 8 miles a week. This is to counter the 3.5 gallons of Braum' milk and 1 gallon of ice cream I eat each week. I should have stock in Braums. God save any poor XXXXXXX that keeps me from my milk. I have advised my family that if I become lactose intolerant to put me on suicide watch. I'm 5'7" and 165lbs. I prefer the slender sexier swedish mausers over the hefty '98's.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At 48 years old I was 5'8" and weighed 320 lbs. I had been overweight for at least 35 of those years. Last July I had gastric sleeve surgery to reduce the size of my stomach, restrict my food intake and get my weight under control. It wasn't my preferred way to lose weight, but I knew that after all of these years and all of my attempts to lose weight, I had to take drastic measures. Some people say it's the easy way out and I'm fine with them thinking that. I'm here to tell you that there is nothing easy about it, but it is the only effective way I've found to lose the weight I need to lose.
Since July I have lost 90 pounds. I still have at least 30 pounds to lose (preferably closer to 50 lbs). But even if I don't meet either of those goals, I'm in far better health than I was this time last year and I'm much more likely to live to a ripe old age.

I've recently started going to the gym because with the drastic weight loss and even more static change in caloric intake, I've lost a lot of muscle and strength. Currently my workout routine is pretty embarrassing, but that just means I can only go up from here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom