1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Heard A Rumor About H&H.

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by 338Shooter, Feb 23, 2011.

1. SMS

SMS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    No excuse for a rude employee, but is your buddy recently retired or just discharged? Did he present a current ID card?

Big difference in terms and eligibility when a company offers a military discount versus a veteran's discount.

2. Hump66

Hump66 Sharpshooter

I've got a current ID card but its for the Reserves. Sometimes they give me discount on range time, sometimes they don't, just depends on who you get at the register I guess.

3. SMS

SMS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sounds like the policy needs to be clarified and communicated to their employees. Military discount: Does it include Guard, Reserve and Retired, or is it just for Active Duty?

I have zero problem if it is an "Active Duty only" discount, but clarify, and be consistent

4. Hump66

Hump66 Sharpshooter

Exactly.

5. bulletbiter

bulletbiter Marksman

Last year, I was in H&H looking around and was going to impulse buy on a Mathews Z7 bow since it was there in left-hand and my draw length. I was waiting at the counter for OVER 20 minutes. One sales person was helping an archer but the other was standing behind the counter EATING A SANDWICH without acknowledging my presence the entire time. Then walks past me to help someone who just walked up to the counter with a bow to get repaired. I don't mind the waiting, but the lack of courtesy from "sales" people not even saying "Hello, it will just be a few minutes and then I will help you." really disappoints me. Needless to say, I haven't been in there since and they lost a $1300 sale (fully loaded bow and gear) to Murf's Guns in Duncan.

6. FAL guy

FAL guy Sharpshooter

We have made major changes in the archery shop staffing and hopefully the sandwich eater is gone. If you drop by I'll hook you up with an hour on our TechnoHunt range to make up for the terrible service you received last year. PM me if feel like you could give us another chance, we would value the chance to re-earn your business.

7. .45Fats

.45Fats Sharpshooter

so I know this is an H&H bashing thread and all, and I've had my share of bad experiences with trying to get sales staff to help...BUT on the guys at the archery range last weekend. GREAT customer service experience, I've never done anything with a bow and the salesman there took the time to explain the ins and outs, what I would need to get started and what to skip on, even which bows were best to get a good all around entry level experience and this was with 0 pressure to buy just two guys talking and him explaining a whole lot of information to me.
    :)
    that is all you may now carry on with your #%@#&ing.

8. dolidog2000

dolidog2000 Marksman

Just returned from H&H. The rumor is BULLhockey.

9. 338Shooter

338Shooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I had an onion burger in there the other day. The Cafe staff was friendly and the food was great. I was a happy boy.

10. eellis

eellis Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Much praise to you FALGUY for your customer service. I've had both good and bad encounters at H&H but I've had good and bad encounters everywhere else as well.