Heard A Rumor About H&H.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damage control is nothing I cherish, I prefer to handle things face to face as an issue occurs. I do appreciate learning about any issues though..thanks.

Cadesdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a new rifle with a brand new scope on it and wanted to get it sighted in. They were so nice to offer to bore sight it at the gun smithing counter. They even did it free of charge.

The only issue! They took my gun to the back, and after a bit, they walked back up and said that they wouldn't be able to bore sight it bc they couldn't get it to line up. With the bore sighter still in the muzzle he showed me how the reticle wouldn't line up to the dot. Sure enough he was correct. THEN he proceeded to tell me how he had twisted the turret all the way down and it still wouldn't line up! (WTF) I asked him if he was kidding. He said "no, why?" I asked him if he was a gunsmith, he said "no.". I proceeded to explain to him what most of you already know. If you over tighten a turret, you ruin the spring.

I ended up remounting the scope to make the compensation for misalignment. Never could get the scope to group anything. Sent it back to the manufacturer since it was under warranty. They responded saying it would not be covered under warranty because the turrets had been over tightened!

Thanks H&H!

I guess I misspoke earlier when I said they did it free of charge...

Besides this experience, most of the employees are arrogant and seem to have a complex anyway. If H&H wants to be a more inviting place for gun enthusiast perhaps the employees should be told that acting like they are better than everyone isn't going to cut it.

I will say something good about H&H, you can always go shop their vast selection and know that you can find whatever they have cheaper somewhere else! (sorry I tried)

blackknight22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It appears that H&H is the law enforcement dealer for Oklahoma now and they are not really interested in making sales to agencies. They still have not called back after a few months.

So we were advised that OMB Guns in Kansas could also sell to agencies in Oklahoma. At least they sent prices out but, when the order was submitted they forgot about talking to us or to submit the order to Remington. Looks like Remington is screwed in Oklahoma.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. It appears that H&H is the law enforcement dealer for Oklahoma now and they are not really interested in making sales to agencies. They still have not called back after a few months.

So we were advised that OMB Guns in Kansas could also sell to agencies in Oklahoma. At least they sent prices out but, when the order was submitted they forgot about talking to us or to submit the order to Remington. Looks like Remington is screwed in Oklahoma.

We admittedly had some follow up issues with LE orders in the past few years. We now have a retired OCPD Captain in charge of all LE sales and he is kicking butt. I apologize for the lack of service to your department in the past. We are selling Remington ammo to LE agencies all over the state as fast as they can make it, I do hope you will give us one more chance to show you the improvements we've made.

If you haven't received a call back recently then the message didn't get to the right person, our fault... Call and ask for Bob..he is the man, and he WILL get you taken of.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides this experience, most of the employees are arrogant and seem to have a complex anyway. If H&H wants to be a more inviting place for gun enthusiast perhaps the employees should be told that acting like they are better than everyone isn't going to cut it.
Last time I was in HH was 15 years ago or more for this reason. I may go back sometime, who knows.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

I will say something good about H&H, you can always go shop their vast selection and know that you can find whatever they have cheaper somewhere else! (sorry I tried)

I gotta say... some of you people must attract that, because I hear this about every gun shop sooner or later.

I have NEVER felt looked down on, or thought that the staff was arrogant. Ever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom