Hearing aid(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting to the point where I am thinking about looking into hearing aid(s). Thought I would see if any of my OSA friends had any experience in the Tulsa area. The two big outfits advertise on TV but I've always thought that someone is paying for that advertising and maybe the better deal would be with a smaller outfit. Not sure if that thinking actually holds water or not.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep hearing (no pun intended) good things about Costco on pricing............. Don't know a thing about quality, but I've read a lot of good reviews........... I was going to look into it, but just haven't gotten to it.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sister found a guy in Texas that sells/repairs hearing aids and wears one himself. So he's personally aware of the problems involved.

Not sure that will help much, but ya might ask around.
:drunk2:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DO NOT fall for the hearing aid scams. Decent aids do NOT cost $4000-$6000. I just got some less than a month ago and paid less than $200 and I'd do it again.
If your interested I'll show you what I got. I got them off AMazon lol. each there for hearing aids and you;ll be amazed.

EDIT, I looked on amazon then called one of the companies direct with questions and once I heard what he said I bought from them direct.
Mine are not this same brand but look exactly like them. Invisible inside the ear.
https://www.amazon.com/Coniler-Ampl...&keywords=hearing+aids&qid=1579816781&sr=8-12

Actually read the reviews on these, I would not at all be afraid to order a pair. Also the batteries are cheap. I ordered 60 batteries I think for $14 on amazon.

Last edited:

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DO NOT fall for the hearing aid scams. Decent aids do NOT cost $4000-$6000. I just got some less than a month ago and paid less than $200 and I'd do it again.
If your interested I'll show you what I got. I got them off AMazon lol. each there for hearing aids and you;ll be amazed.

EDIT, I looked on amazon then called one of the companies direct with questions and once I heard what he said I bought from them direct.
Mine are not this same brand but look exactly like them. Invisible inside the ear.
https://www.amazon.com/Coniler-Ampl...&keywords=hearing+aids&qid=1579816781&sr=8-12

Actually read the reviews on these, I would not at all be afraid to order a pair. Also the batteries are cheap. I ordered 60 batteries I think for $14 on amazon.
so what brand is yours ?

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried a $129.00 hearing assist off Amazon and ended up sending it back. They amplify all frequencies more or less equally and I need something that will help with the high frequencies. I can hear the low tones more or less as well as anyone. If I turn on the sound bar and turn the treble all the way up I can understand what is being said on TV, otherwise it's mostly garbage.

Problem is none of the cheap amplifiers allow you to adjust the frequency response. I need a hearing aid with an adjustable equalizer like my stereo and sound bar have. Only way to get it is with an expensive hearing aid which sucks.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried a $129.00 hearing assist off Amazon and ended up sending it back. They amplify all frequencies more or less equally and I need something that will help with the high frequencies. I can hear the low tones more or less as well as anyone. If I turn on the sound bar and turn the treble all the way up I can understand what is being said on TV, otherwise it's mostly garbage.

Problem is none of the cheap amplifiers allow you to adjust the frequency response. I need a hearing aid with an adjustable equalizer like my stereo and sound bar have. Only way to get it is with an expensive hearing aid which sucks.
Dang. Afraid I might be in that boat also.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This. The el cheapo hearing aids just boost the sound equally across all frequencies; for some folks, this is fine, but for other folks, read on. The better ones (read, more $$) can be plugged into a computer, or in some cases, wirelessly, and a program used to adjust the frequency boosts or reductions to a specific person’s hearing loss. An audiologist can use sophisticated equipment to compile an audiogram, and use this info to adjust a hearing aid to suit. Been getting this done all my life, been through a couple dozen hearing aids as a result. If you have a hearing loss in a specific range, it can behoove you to cough up the dough for a hearing aid tailored to your needs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom