Hearing Aids - Who’s got ‘em?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe, that may be why I can’t hear anything. My ears ring so loud I have to sleep with some sort of noise. White noise or TV.
Some of the higher end aids can use an app on your phone to help with tinnitus. One program creates white noise at any level you choose. You can also choose surf, rain, etc . Mine are Beltone. Expensive but can’t go wrong with Charlie Daniels RIP.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a pair just like that. They’re great. The only challenge with the over the ear style is that they tend to get tangled up with the ear loops on masks so I just have to remember to remove the mask carefully or I might end up flipping the hearing aid across the room. :-)
Been there, done that. I found a plastic strap on line, Amazon IIRC, that goes behind your head/neck that you hook your mask ear loops on to rather than your ears. Glasses, hearing aids and masks are a pain in the a$$ but the straps help.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is exactly why I have new Phonak hearing aids. As I was leaving Harbor Freight, I removed my mask and didn't notice that I had lost my hearing aids for almost half an hour. I went back and looked for them, but never saw them again. The lady at the VA told me it had happened to a LOT of people.
Does the phonak aids have a find my hearing aids feature? I know you were missing them for awhile before noticing.
My VA Starkey's from the VA have a feature through an app that can locate them within a short range. Works really well as long as the battery cover is closed and there is a good battery inside.
Funny story. I shot a deer that was in a very thick sunflower patch where the plants were about 8' tall. One of the stalks captured the hearing aid and flipped it from my ear. Knew it instantly, so put my hat on the ground to locate ground zero and started looking with the app. The signal was really strong no matter what direction I moved. Long story short, after about 30 minutes looking everywhere, I found it in my front pocket. Fell perfectly right in there.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The VA will replace your hearing aids every 4 years, found that out when I went to get mine fixed. They gave me new ones and fixed my old ones so I’d have them as a backup.
My experience with VA is at two years they replace the rechargeable battery. When four years old they are replaced with new ones.

IIRC, the VA is the largest purchaser of hearing aids.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have top of the line phonak (over the ear) that I got from the VA. I’m 100% so there was no cost and they even supply my batteries. If you have access call and get an appt with audiology.
Same here, life changing, the VA also provided a little gadget, comm pilot, that loops around your neck, it’s a Bluetooth enhancer. The comm pilot works with another gadget that works with your tv, you can change your volume (only to your aids)
TinyTim

Lewis F Jones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have my pair from Cleartone and I have to say they were Expensive at 5K but the test they administered surpassed anything the Air Force did for flight physicals. After all the pokin' proddin' and fiddlin' was done the other vendors lost and Cleartone won. My decision was based on the perception of service to be rendered and they have not disappointed. I know I sound like a commercial, but they have really earned my trust.

Latest posts

Top Bottom