Hearing enhancement/protection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is anyone using the electronic hearing protection that also has hearing enhancement? For shooting clays or shooting rifle and pistol I have a set of Howard Leigh over the ear muffs. Lovebthe way they let you hear conversations and other sounds but block out the harmful stuff. However, in the duck blind the muffs are too big and bulky and get in the way .

The other day I saw an ad for earbuds that do the same thing. As with all things, one could drop several hundred on these things….. or a lot less. I’m leaning towards the a lot less versions as I know sooner or later they will take a swim.

Does anyone have experience with this type of earbuds?

looking at the Axil Gs and the Walkers Rope.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Is anyone using the electronic hearing protection that also has hearing enhancement? For shooting clays or shooting rifle and pistol I have a set of Howard Leigh over the ear muffs. Lovebthe way they let you hear conversations and other sounds but block out the harmful stuff. However, in the duck blind the muffs are too big and bulky and get in the way .

The other day I saw an ad for earbuds that do the same thing. As with all things, one could drop several hundred on these things….. or a lot less. I’m leaning towards the a lot less versions as I know sooner or later they will take a swim.

Does anyone have experience with this type of earbuds?

looking at the Axil Gs and the Walkers Rope.
I've been looking at the Axil, just haven't pulled the trigger yet on them.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a pair of Walker's over the ear muffs. I used to use the enhancement feature a lot...but pinpointing the direction is very hard. I now just wear them on top of my head when I'm hog hunting, and slip them over my ears before I start shooting.

I also frequently bump them against the stock of my rifle. It can be a bit irritating, but using a three chamber brake on a .308 I want to protect my ears as much as possible...I can launch up to 20 rounds in the matter of a few seconds. I'd still like to be able to hear my wife talk behind my back when I'm 60.

Latest posts

Top Bottom