Hearing loss after Covid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My hearing appears to be going downhill since I was sick. Not real bad, but I've noticed having to ask folks to repeat stuff more than usual.

Anyone else have this problem after Covid?
:anyone:
___
I had mild tinnitus in both ears before Covid. After I got sick, the tinnitus in my left ear went ballistic. I mean by a factor of 10, to the point it interferes with my sleep, cognitive abilities and hearing.

Sadly, my “Cadillac insurance plan”, doesn’t cover hearing aids at all. Now I’m trying to go the VA direction to see what help I might be able to get. It’s just awful. 🙁

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not me, but a friend of my wife lost 60% in one ear and 30% in the other.
Man, that's quite a bit of loss. :/

Did you clean your ears out? Check out the inner ear thread. I had the same issue shortly after having covid.
No more than usual (I followed that thread, btw). It really just dawned on me yesterday, when the mail lady made a joke and I didn't understand her. After that, I realized I'd been having the girl that helps out repeat stuff too.

I had mild tinnitus in both ears before Covid. After I got sick, the tinnitus in my left ear went ballistic. I mean by a factor of 10, to the point it interferes with my sleep, cognitive abilities and hearing.
There's a thread here somewhere (maybe more than one?) about getting hearing aids through the VA. Maybe we can locate something for you.

Covid certainly can be a nightmare for some folks. Hearing isn't my only "new" problem. I'm still having breathing difficulty and have lost some hair (why don't whiskers ever fall out?). Not going bald yet, but it's noticeably thinner than it was at Christmas (maybe a third less?). On the plus side, it's easier to comb...

Thanks for everyone's input. :thumb:
___

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Glocktogo, you might check out this OSA thread about VA hearing aids. The link is to a particular post, but there are several pages in the thread. It says you can get free hearing aids and glasses, even without a disability (not a Vet, so I don't have any experience with the VA).

VA hearing aids

Luck.
___
Will do, thanks! I’ve been saving articles on people with post-Covid tinnitus problems. One in particular said that founder of Texas Roadhouse committed suicide over post-Covid tinnitus issues.

Don’t worry, I’m to damn stubborn for that! LOL

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My hearing appears to be going downhill since I was sick. Not real bad, but I've noticed having to ask folks to repeat stuff more than usual.

Anyone else have this problem after Covid?
:anyone:
___
Yes, left ear has had to be drained and now Doc wants to put tubes in my ears like they do on little kids. I am supposed to do that and he wants me in a program for a new hearing aid technology they are working on

Latest posts

Top Bottom