Heartland Flyer to Ft Worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. Conceal it and STFU.

In all technicality Amtrak is kinda like the post office. GOV chartered and what not but independent.... Well independent-ish. It's ground travel and they don't xray or body scan so who cares. Worst case is someone sees it and you make a run for it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If remember correctly, they will allow a firearm if it is in a locked case and declared ahead of time. They'll take the container and firearm and secure it and give it back when you reach your destination. The Amtrak website used to give details on this but I don't know if they still have the info at present.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If remember correctly, they will allow a firearm if it is in a locked case and declared ahead of time. They'll take the container and firearm and secure it and give it back when you reach your destination. The Amtrak website used to give details on this but I don't know if they still have the info at present.

Thanks, and yes, you are correct in that you can transport a firearm in your checked baggage. But, it has to be checked at a Manned Station, and the only one that is manned on this route is the one in Ft Worth.

https://www.amtrak.com/onboard/baggage-policy/baggage-special-items.html#firearms

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay. We took the train down and back to Ft worth. Parked in the Cox Convention Center downtown directly across from the Santa Fe Train station. $10 for the day; $20 to leave the car there overnight and drive out the next evening after we returned. Easy boarding in OKC. Buy tickets online at Amtrak.com and just show to the train guy as you board. No option to buy at the station in OKC as there is no ticket window; it’s an unmanned station. Very roomy seats. Take the upper deck option. At Ft Worth, it’s a manned station. Still, no metal detectors and nobody asked or anything. Just be cool and be safe as you go about your everyday activities. Be discreet and remember the rules ... dark, untucked, and plaid works best. We reserved and rented a car from Enterprise, located in the station in Ft Worth and then ate lunch at Chuys in Ft Worth before an easy 1 1/2 hour drive down to Waco. Take a lot of money for the Magnolia Market if that’s where you’re going in Waco. Oh yeah. It was Hot! Waco Texas is hot! Anyway, the train was an easy, relaxing ride down and back; a fun way to take a short get away for a day or two. Chuys was excellent! I had the Big As Your Face Burrito. Dang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom