Heartland Flyer to Ft Worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay. We took the train down and back to Ft worth. Parked in the Cox Convention Center downtown directly across from the Santa Fe Train station. $10 for the day; $20 to leave the car there overnight and drive out the next evening after we returned. Easy boarding in OKC. Buy tickets online at Amtrak.com and just show to the train guy as you board. No option to buy at the station in OKC as there is no ticket window; it’s an unmanned station. Very roomy seats. Take the upper deck option. At Ft Worth, it’s a manned station. Still, no metal detectors and nobody asked or anything. Just be cool and be safe as you go about your everyday activities. Be discreet and remember the rules ... dark, untucked, and plaid works best. We reserved and rented a car from Enterprise, located in the station in Ft Worth and then ate lunch at Chuys in Ft Worth before an easy 1 1/2 hour drive down to Waco. Take a lot of money for the Magnolia Market if that’s where you’re going in Waco. Oh yeah. It was Hot! Waco Texas is hot! Anyway, the train was an easy, relaxing ride down and back; a fun way to take a short get away for a day or two. Chuys was excellent! I had the Big As Your Face Burrito. Dang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can buy tickets directly from the conductor at the okc station

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, thanks. I reckon that’s an option them too. This is good news for all you folks without a computer, ya hear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What does the ticket cost now? I haven't gone in couple years it was around $30 then

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Planning on going down with my boys (12 & 16) for a day-trip next month. I'll be CCing as it sounds like there's no bothersome TSA to deal with.

But, what's the best way to get around for the 5 hours we're there in Fort Worth? A car rental seems kinda pricey for only 4-5 hours use. Looks like the Stockyards might be the best bang for the buck. But, I have no idea how far that is from the Fort Worth train station.

Is the OKC train station parking lot finished with construction now? Or, is Norman the better option?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Planning on going down with my boys (12 & 16) for a day-trip next month. I'll be CCing as it sounds like there's no bothersome TSA to deal with.

But, what's the best way to get around for the 5 hours we're there in Fort Worth? A car rental seems kinda pricey for only 4-5 hours use. Looks like the Stockyards might be the best bang for the buck. But, I have no idea how far that is from the Fort Worth train station.

Is the OKC train station parking lot finished with construction now? Or, is Norman the better option?

I'm anxious to hear the answers, and about your trip as well. We've talked for some time about making this excursion ... just never took the plunge!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My parents have done it a couple times. I ‘think’ there is a shuttle that takes you to The stockyards. Dad is always talking about the gun collection at the stockyards museum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom