Heat treat oven

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It arrived today. They told me 5-6 week lead time when I ordered it. I thought that sounded like forever. I've been busy with other things so the time flew by. This Wednesday woulda been 6 weeks. They sure enough pack em good. Thanks to @amcardon for helping me decide what model to order and answering all my questions! For those interested this is an Evenheat kf18 LB with Rampmaster controller and solid-state relay.
IMG_4060.JPG
IMG_4061.JPG
IMG_4062.JPG

IMG_4063.JPG

IMG_4064.JPG

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing them. My wife and I love the Forging Fire series and we both admire anyone who can stand in front of a blazing fire like that to create a weapon and work of art. There is a guy on YouTube that does a lot of Damascus steel videos.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing them. My wife and I love the Forging Fire series and we both admire anyone who can stand in front of a blazing fire like that to create a weapon and work of art. There is a guy on YouTube that does a lot of Damascus steel videos.
I bought a fancy 2x72 grinder similar to what you see on forged in fire. I probably will mostly do the stock removal method but I do have a forge if I want/need to go that route. That's kinda how the whole buying an oven got started. I was thinking about just hardening my blades with my forge and quench tank but the more I learned about the hardening process the more I could see that knowing your temps and controlling your temps was important.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sir,

If you don't mint can you tell me the source and how much you pay?
I bought it from USAKNIFEMAKER. The price is pretty much the same everywhere. I chose usaknifemaker over some others that strictly sell kilns because as the name implies, USAknifemaker sells more stuff I need. However, after I made my order I heard that SoulCeramics and the radio show KnifeTalk had a special where you could get $50 buying from SoulCeramics. I probably woulda still bought from usaknifemaker for the reason mentioned above.
The price was $1602 total with a ceramic knife holder added. The solid state relay was also an upgrade. The Rampmaster controller was their middle priced controller option. Shipping was free everywhere I looked. It did come by freight on what the driver referred to as an 18 wheeler but it was a single axle daycab. I felt like harassing the driver for acting like his rig was bigger than it truly was. I'm pretty sure he had a loading ramp but we had the tractor ready so we used it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom