Heavier Bullets in AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I looked there yesterday for 60 to 65 grainers. Heading back right now to look at the heavier stuff. And, I think now that I'm retired :wink2:, I'm gonna place an order and then plan on making a road trip up there to pick it up! I've ordered from them before, but always had it shipped. Thanks, Dennis!

Don

When you make the trip, be sure to stop in the meat market on Main Street (south end) in Arkansas City and pick up some fresh sausage they make there. Good eats!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, fellas. I knew it wouldn't shoot the 55's well, but I had to try them. Shot worse than I expected. I figured I would have to at least go to the 62's, but I didn't figure I would need to go to the 68's or 77's. I may just try some of all!

What are the bullets doing on you? Keyhole? Tumbling bad? Or just all over the paper?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When you make the trip, be sure to stop in the meat market on Main Street (south end) in Arkansas City and pick up some fresh sausage they make there. Good eats!

I thought that was the ONLY reason to go Powder Valley............ having them ship it to you makes it impossible to acquire the sausage!!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just all over the paper.

At what distance? What size groups are you ending up with?

My 1/7, 14.5", delivers 2MOA or better at 100 and man sized target hits at 400, if I do my part, with regular old XM-193 55gr.

A heavier bullet might clear things up for you but I'd be interested in why the 55gr isn't performing if we are talking about moderate distances

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At what distance? What size groups are you ending up with?

My 1/7, 14.5", delivers 2MOA or better at 100 and man sized target hits at 400, if I do my part, with regular old XM-193 55gr.

A heavier bullet might clear things up for you but I'd be interested in why the 55gr isn't performing if we are talking about moderate distances

That is what has me confused too. We have no issues with any of our 1/7's and shoot 55g predominantly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom