Heavier carry when it gets colder...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find I have a tendacy to carry my heavier pistols in the winter more than in summer when Im wearing shorts all the time. Self employed so my dress is always super casual all the time and practically dont wear any long pants until winter tells me shorts look stupid with a hoody and stocking cap on, like Ive been doing the last month early mornings. I want to go shoulder carry this winter under my jackets and hoodies, what are the most comfortable shoulder holsters out there? I found one that looks what I want, trying to stay away from leather, too stiff. Any ideas are welcome.

uncle mikes

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We may be brothers buddy! I too wear shorts till it gets just to miserable, then I go to a Glock 26 on the hip with jackets and long shirts. I have tried a shoulder harness in the past, just to constricting to me, but some like them allot! I would also agree with the leather being stiff and would opt for nylon something if I were to try one again.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im actually just looking for something close to the one in the link no matter the brand and hopefully I can find something around Tulsa so I dont have to wait for the mail online ordering something, probably gonna go out this weekend and look around the shops unless theres a show coming up I dont know about.

drew

Marksman
Reaction score
Never really pondered the shoulder holster. I am more apt to go to a bigger gun than my xds though and maybe to a outside versus an iwb holster. Nice thing about the white hat holsters is you just move your kydex over.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its probably not tacticool or even gun edicate correct....the one I found I liked the best was an army surplus.

Its camo and has a velcro strap, but its very comfy.
Actually can just grab the gun and the velcro comes loose....eh ..Im cheap

.but not easy...8)

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i use the galco miami classic II , i purchased a vertical holster as well for open carry. i prefer the horizontal though.

i also wear perry suspenders , they rock ! and had no idea they made a holster system . i like the looks of the 1811 in a three point setup . and come payday will get one on the way.

still wearing shorts lol

elance

Latest posts

Top Bottom