Held and shot a Sig P365 today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While at the gun range this morning and winding up our shooting I noticed one of the fellows in our shooting group had a Sig P365. I asked him how he liked it and said he loved it, asking if I wanted to shoot it.

I politely declined since we were wrapping up, but he said he would put a magazine in it so I could try it. I took him up on the offer and a few quick first impressions are:

Size: I was surprised how small it was, especially for the capacity

Feel: Short grip but I don't mind 3 finger grips on pistols

Trigger: Very nice

Recoil: Soft shooting gun with no recoil feel at all

Accuracy: Was able to keep the holes close together, although was only shooting from 7 yards away

I probably won't be buying one any time soon, especially after ringing up a new $289 net price S&W 442 on the cc today, but I can sure see why folks who buy them like them.

Once the quality issues that seem to have been too frequent with the early releases gets solved I can see the P365 setting the bar for small concealed semi 9mm pistols.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of the earliest production guns with the X-ray sights and really like it. (Hard for me to say as I don't usually care for striker fired handguns.) Almost 1000 rounds thru it with only one failure to fully close (with a squib Browning ammo load.) Very accurate with less (to me) recoil than a G43. At first it was so small I could not shoot it well but as I have become accustomed to it, it's dead on. I will sell it in the future, when the models with manual safety hit the street. I don't usually pocket carry but will not this one till I get the MS. Not intending to start a war on MS but it probably will anyway.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can’t wait to get mine out and shoot, gun feels good in hand with extended mag. When issues are ironed out it will probably be my carry gun. By time I can shoot they should have it fixed, I hope

Latest posts

Top Bottom