Hellcat - Initial Impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I traded a new Gen 5 G19 for this unfired LNIB Hellcat the other day and I gotta say I like the darn thing already; even though I haven't shot it yet. Had a Sig P365 and it just felt too small in my hand, so I sold it to a sucker here on OSA. The Hellcat doesn't appear to be any larger in the grip than the little Sig but maybe it's the way the piostol's grip is rounded out? I don't know, but this little thing feels good and appears to be a solid piece. It's the OSP (Opitical Sight Pistol) model, so of course, I ordered a Shiled SMScRed Dot Optic off Springfield's web site for it, as well as a few extra mags. They are the evil mags though; 11 and 13 rounders. I like the trigger in dry fire, and the reset is very positive and crisp. As soon as I get out of quaratine (again) I wanna go shoot it. Anybody got one? Whattya think of it?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are aliases or.... druryj, ged, and postmaster just trade guns between them every couple weeks. They have a gun timeshare program going.

Way back when I was a noob, a fella on here said to me during a trade, "Hey if you don't like it, you can always trade it for something else".

True words. And Glock 19s are like not exactly rare.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The undercut on the trigger guard left something to be desired or me. It's just the shape of my hands on the gun, but it digs into the knuckle on my middle finger. I do hear good things about them though. I was talking with my neighbor about a month ago and he recently switched from the P365 to the Hellcat as well. For me, it's Hellcat < P365 < Glock 43(x), but I'm an unabashed Glock fanboy so take it with a grain of salt. They all go 'bang' when they need to, and that's what counts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom