Hello and looking for information

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Gregors

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome. To be honest I don’t know what a normal temperature is. 5 years in Alaska, then 3 in Florida. Lots of visits to the “sandbox”. Then 5 years in Afghanistan as a contractor. Now Minnesota. OKC’s weather will be fun, I am mostly looking forward to not shoveling snow.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome. To be honest I don’t know what a normal temperature is. 5 years in Alaska, then 3 in Florida. Lots of visits to the “sandbox”. Then 5 years in Afghanistan as a contractor. Now Minnesota. OKC’s weather will be fun, I am mostly looking forward to not shoveling snow.

You won't be shoveling snow ... but you WILL be scraping ice ... and cutting up down trees ...

Welcome to Oklahoma!!

BTW, these guys just about covered everything I would have said ... so I'm just saying "Hi!"

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

With all of the climates under your belt you should be ready for the average year in Oklahoma then.....

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be blunt, you're welcome as long as you don't turn the state purple or blue. ;)

If blue/democrat policies turned MN into a place you want to escape, then please make sure the place you end up doesn't have the same fate.

(sorry to be a jerk but I'm trying to prevent OK from having the problem TX has with Californians moving there and flipping it)

Hey! Some of us Ex-Californians are seriously EX! I'm an adoptive Okie, despite having driven through here in the late 80's and not seeing anything to stop for. Been here for a bit over 24 years, in the OKC Metro. It ain't Los Angeles. And that is a good thing! Cost of living is reasonable here. Big City amenities and small-town atmosphere in the same place. Weather can be a bit rough now and then. Earthquakes are usually barely noticeable, if that bad. Purple & blue are among my favorite colors, but I want the Great State of Oklahoma to stay solidly RED! I can say from experience that the highways here do not give you a good picture of the state, or the people, of Oklahoma. It's a great place to be, and a great place to come back to. Do wish I'd moved out of town into the country a bit, though. Several of my friends here have places they can shoot on their own land, where I live in a town that has adopted European rules. Having just retired, I probably won't be able to move out into the country, and that is the only negative here for me, and I can't blame that on Okies. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom