Hello from Chicago: Southern Cross

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How would you feel if your neighbor hung a Southern Cross on the outside of his house.....pride in being from the South, or dudes a racist. I’m NOT trolling, just asking a serious question. Oh, he’s living in a Chicago suburb. P.S. Hello all! I miss Oklahoma!!!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is America and we have choices and freedom and if he wants to hang a cross I see no issues.
Put up a statue of a kid peeing I see no issues it is his yard.
I had a neighbor complain about my loud exhaust I had 4 mufflers on the car to quiet it.

Old bitty.
I went to court over it and I won and she made a fool of herself in front of the judge when she told him
that he needed to make me take down my TV antenna because she did not like it either.

Judge basically tossed her out.

Mind your own business and be polite to your neighbor and you may find they are good people.

I take homemade cookies to my new neighbors and introduce myself.
We all get along great.
I care less what their religion is.
We have choices in America.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's a southern cross? I looked it up, saw a Crosby Stills Nash song and a cross-shaped constellation.

upload_2021-4-24_15-15-39.jpeg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heard a phrase once. ‘If this flag bothers you, you need a history lesson’.

Lots of people want to discount that, but the fact is, it has represented racist beliefs for many many years - even if it DOESN'T for YOU, rejecting out of hand that it is and has done so, is insensitive to many.

Same can be said of the Nazi flag - it's just a symbol, doesn't do anything by itself - but it is a symbol of hatred and division. Tell the Jews they should just 'get over it'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom