Hello from Chicago

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello Forum!

My name is Jim and am from the Chicago area. I have family in the Ponca City/Kildare/Newkirk and OKC areas.

I will be down in Ponca this weekend and was looking for an indoor range, which led to finding the Ponca PRC, which led to finding the gun show this weekend in the Armory, which led here. :-)

Anyway... I will be perusing the forum, etc...

Have I mentioned yet that I am glad for OK reciprocity. :-)

Next step is getting IL to honor other states' CCW. :-| We are working on it, believe me...

You can check some of the things we have going on at the IC Forum: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/

Until later...

JIm

we are not happy with no reciprocity in Illinois. I'm travelling through there this wknd. From what I read, as long as I don't stop I fall under Federal law, but if I stop State law presides. I'll probably just put it in the gun case so I don't get hassled should something arise.

I'll try not to pull a Clark Griswold and fall asleep or have my tires stolen whilst getting directions. both would require me stopping.

Edit: Welcome to the 4m!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
we are not happy with no reciprocity in Illinois. I'm travelling through there this wknd. From what I read, as long as I don't stop I fall under Federal law, but if I stop State law presides. I'll probably just put it in the gun case so I don't get hassled should something arise.

I'll try not to pull a Clark Griswold and fall asleep or have my tires stolen whilst getting directions. both would require me stopping.

That was in St. Louis...............you should be fine lol :)

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ex Chicago/suburb man here! Moved to OK in 70 after Naperville High school grad and thought I would hate it AND did at first with that teen attitude. :) OK didn't take long to grow on me due to the WOW factor of the slower life style. Was told once u hear for awhile U will ALWAYS RETURN. Thank-you OK!
P.s. The people are great and can't beat the cost of living compared.... To damn near everywhere. All this = welcome to OK EVEN if just for a weekend AND GO CUBBIES! Well at least make it to July before out of the mix. 😣
P.p.s. The temp is better here right now as well! -7 before windchill? Keep it there!

otb4evr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Hyatt on East Whacker is my second home. I can be found with my back to the wall snarling at passers by. See ya next week!:nono2:

Awesome! I actually work in the 311 S. Wacker building. The 'cake' building by the Sears (I refuse to call it 'Willis') Tower.

PM me if you have time for caffeine sometime. I normally work 2nd shift: 15:00 - 23:00, but am down here by 14:00.

otb4evr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

The family and I took a trip to visit friends in MN in December. I dutifully stopped at the last rest stop in WI and disarmed, removed the magazine and round from the chamber, and put the whole kit and caboodle in the safe. Minnesota does not recognize CCW from any state that does not honor reciprocity. The gun was stored in my friend's safe for the weekend we were there.

On the way back, I stopped in the first rest stop in WI to rearm.

People say "Concealed is Concealed", but I feel it is better to be safe than sorry...

otb4evr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ex Chicago/suburb man here! Moved to OK in 70 after Naperville High school grad and thought I would hate it AND did at first with that teen attitude. :) OK didn't take long to grow on me due to the WOW factor of the slower life style. Was told once u hear for awhile U will ALWAYS RETURN. Thank-you OK!
P.s. The people are great and can't beat the cost of living compared.... To damn near everywhere. All this = welcome to OK EVEN if just for a weekend AND GO CUBBIES! Well at least make it to July before out of the mix. 😣
P.p.s. The temp is better here right now as well! -7 before windchill? Keep it there!

Hey! My wife and I went to Lockport HS. We actually started dating there between our sophomore and junior years. I moved down to Ponca for my Sr. year to be with my Mom and graduated from Po High. I never really could handle the slower life style, so I am very envious of those that can. I moved back up here for college and married my sweetie. I really enjoy being down in OK where everyone waves when passing on the country roads. It is awesome...

Yeah... It is pretty cold up here. We are getting beat up rather badly this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom