Hello from Outdoor America.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont know how I missed this thread but as everyone else has said welcome to OSA I bought two ruger Birdshead .45 Vaqueros from you when my wife and I started Cowboy Action shooting back in 2006.

Bhargrin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember back in the day (around 1990) we use to travel to OKC for gun shows once a month. To us, Outdoor America was like a consolation if the gun show sucked. The store was always bustling with business with ammunition prices that couldn’t be beat.

It was normal to see Fred standing by the door between the gunsmith counter and the NFA counter, smoking a cigarette. What amazed me back then was the store layout they seem to cater to almost every aspect of the shooting sport from plinkers to hard core survivalist.

I met Fred back in the early 80s while looking for green South African furniture for my H&K 91 .308 battle rifle. The stock set was the first item I bought from Outdoor America. It was saddening to hear Fred had passed away to the big gun shop in the sky.

I did stop by the store a few years back, and found it somewhat sparse of inventory; I was even surprised when I was told Outdoor America catered mainly to law enforcement.

However that was then, I did stop in earlier this year and saw the store was making a come back. I even walked out with a new Kimber. I am glad to see Outdoor America is coming back into the game, and is now on my stopping list whenever I come to OKC.

Southwest OK really lacks in decent gun stores.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gabe I got off early and swung by before I saw the reply. I am mainly after a lee set up but I guess that's what the internet is for. Powders and primers would be awesome as you guys are like 5 -10 min away from home.

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dropped in OA today and they have quite a bit of rcbs reloading equipment on display. sure glad to see the way they have rearranged the shop.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is interesting, I've never been to Outdoor America simply because the general consensus has been that just walking in was the equivalent of anesthesia free root canals. Empty shelves, terrible service and generally the pariah of gun stores in Oklahoma. Folks are being polite now that you're here but no doubt your aware of your stores reputation on this forum and others I've visited.

All that said, it sounds like you guys are trying to improve the situation and that's great. I, for one, would love to see OA become the super store it was described as in it's heyday. I will definitely stop by to see it and check out what you have to offer the shooting community. I'm looking forward to seeing the place I've heard so much about and, hopefully, have a new place to shop!

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dropped in OA today and they have quite a bit of rcbs reloading equipment on display. sure glad to see the way they have rearranged the shop.

Trying to make it more user friendly. Thanks again for the holsters. Will probably give the Glock holster a go tomorrow.

This is interesting, I've never been to Outdoor America simply because the general consensus has been that just walking in was the equivalent of anesthesia free root canals. Empty shelves, terrible service and generally the pariah of gun stores in Oklahoma. Folks are being polite now that you're here but no doubt your aware of your stores reputation on this forum and others I've visited.

All that said, it sounds like you guys are trying to improve the situation and that's great. I, for one, would love to see OA become the super store it was described as in it's heyday. I will definitely stop by to see it and check out what you have to offer the shooting community. I'm looking forward to seeing the place I've heard so much about and, hopefully, have a new place to shop!

Yep, we are aware. Complacency is never a good thing but luckily a reputation for poor customer service and low inventory is a lot easier to remedy than one for gouging and cheating customers. Hope to see you in the store soon but please remember we are still a work in progress.

:wink2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom