Hello from Outdoor America.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I've never understood the LEO only thing. I was denied a purchase of some ammo at H&H because I didn't have a card, but the next weekend went to OPS in Tulsa, and bought the same over the counter, no limit. LEO only all over the box.

I reload, so I'm really familiar with things about ballistics, etc.

Looking at the factory specs on some of the LEO only ammo, my reloads using the same bullets are equal if not higher in velocity.

Don't know about this one.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bunch of us stop in weekly to see the new stuff in the place. I always have a great time chatting with the guys. I'm still waiting for some more Glocks to roll in, though! Leo deal is the best going.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome! I have been there several times over the last few years. I don't know all of the stories but I haven't had a bad experience there. My customer service frame of reference is Dong's, so anything better than the "Soup Nazi" isn't all that bad!

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my BCM AR and Kershaw Blur there this summer for my birthday and I was pleased with the service and prices that I received. No complaints here, although I'd like to see more reloading supplies available there, but I'd like to see more of those every where these days.

OutdoorAmericaStore

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have purchased 4 from there, the last was a glock 23 from clay. I did not know he was on osa. I have had good experiences there, not the best, not the worst.

Glad to hear your experiences aren't the worst. Now let's see if we can improve the other side of the spectrum.

Welcome! Glad to see that you joined up here!

Thank you.

Welcome Gabe good to have you here

Glad to be a part of it.

A bunch of us stop in weekly to see the new stuff in the place. I always have a great time chatting with the guys. I'm still waiting for some more Glocks to roll in, though! Leo deal is the best going.

Make sure you introduce yourself. We are still waiting on the next round of Glocks too.

Welcome Gabe!!! OAS is my favorite Okc gun shop!

Glad to hear. How are the Ruger mags working for you?

OutdoorAmericaStore

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bought a scope for my dad 18 years ago from there.. Went there again this spring time and the store is so different now.. Looked at a Glock 19 and the boy over the counter told me " we only sell this to law enforcement". I walked out and ??? In my head. I then bought one from H&H that weekend. I will not go back there for sure.

I seem to remember this specific interaction. Are you an older (50-60ish), asian male? I explained that Glock sends two types of guns, ones for commercial sales and others for law enforcement/military/etc and that we can't sell them to anyone that isn't qualified under the Blue Label. Glock guns = Glock rules. Info for the Blue Label below.

Glock Blue Label

If not, my apologies.

Yeah, I've never understood the LEO only thing. I was denied a purchase of some ammo at H&H because I didn't have a card, but the next weekend went to OPS in Tulsa, and bought the same over the counter, no limit. LEO only all over the box.

Hornady Critical Duty? I have a bunch from when H&H was still selling it to active military. Just like Glock, Hornady is attempting to get a high quality product into the hands of law enforcement officials. Hornady is apparently very strict and has been known to conduct audits of every sale of Critical Duty and pull the ability to sell the ammo from stores that do not document the credentials of LEOs that purchased it. Once again, Hornady ammo = Hornady rules.

Welcome! I have been there several times over the last few years. I don't know all of the stories but I haven't had a bad experience there. My customer service frame of reference is Dong's, so anything better than the "Soup Nazi" isn't all that bad!

Heard of Dong's but never been there. May check it out if I am up that way, along with Rijas.

I bought my BCM AR and Kershaw Blur there this summer for my birthday and I was pleased with the service and prices that I received. No complaints here, although I'd like to see more reloading supplies available there, but I'd like to see more of those every where these days.

We will be working to get reloading equipment and components in in the near future. We are somewhat limited by our inability to stock powder because of our lack of a sprinkler system. How does the rifle shoot?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hornady Critical Duty? I have a bunch from when H&H was still selling it to active military. Just like Glock, Hornady is attempting to get a high quality product into the hands of law enforcement officials. Hornady is apparently very strict and has been known to conduct audits of every sale of Critical Duty and pull the ability to sell the ammo from stores that do not document the credentials of LEOs that purchased it. Once again, Hornady ammo = Hornady rules./QUOTE]

Yeah if its their rules you have to go by it.

Marketing to get agency's to buy it in my opinion. Winchester Ranger is the same way. I can buy the same bullets, and load them hotter.

If that's their ideal to make money, I'm thinking its a backfire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom