Hello from Outdoor America.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutdoorAmericaStore

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would like to see more stores with custom leather holsters in stock. May not be possible, buts it just what I'd really like to have available to me locally.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary said:
custom adj.
: made to fit the needs or requirements of a particular person

: doing work that fits the needs or requirements of a particular person

While Looper is quality leather, it is not custom. Their holsters may fit the needs of a particular person but that is because they make a variety of styles of holster, for a variety of pistols, in a few materials, and in a few colors that the person was able to chose from. Even keeping a variety of these small-batch but still mass-produced holsters is expensive.

You best bet is to find a style you like and place an order from a highly-regarded, truly custom holster maker and then wait for it to show up. Time-intensive and expensive but you get to choose the cant, material, finish, etc. and wind up with exactly what you want.

~Gabe@OAS

OutdoorAmericaStore

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I purchased a Beeman R10 air rifle from you 23 or 24 years ago. Still shoots great, but it could use a freshening. Can you guys replace the mainspring and breech seal? If not do you know someone that works on them?

I am not sure if our gunsmith does any work on air rifles; hasn't come up to date but it'd be worth a call. Call 405-789-0051 and ask for JK. He should be able to point you in the right direction if he can't take care of it.

Ive talked to Gabe on the phone. (seperate from his Outdoor America affiliation) Hes a cool cat. He answered quite a few if my noobish questions. I think him bringing the store into the 21s is a good thing. Im sure he can change the negitive views on the store.

It's a team effort.

We actually talked about this on the phone when you walked me through trust questions. I'll be by to grab some soon.

:thumbup3:

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
While Looper is quality leather, it is not custom. Their holsters may fit the needs of a particular person but that is because they make a variety of styles of holster, for a variety of pistols, in a few materials, and in a few colors that the person was able to chose from. Even keeping a variety of these small-batch but still mass-produced holsters is expensive.

You best bet is to find a style you like and place an order from a highly-regarded, truly custom holster maker and then wait for it to show up. Time-intensive and expensive but you get to choose the cant, material, finish, etc. and wind up with exactly what you want.

~Gabe@OAS

Trust me, I know Looper is not custom, I was just using them as a reference. I didn't figure you'd try to point that out. That's all that came to mind since H&H carries ample stock of leather holsters.

I'll be more specific next time for you.

Custom, as in hand made like the kydex holsters Troy fullbrights son is making for yalls small triple crown holster inventory.

Maybe you can find a local guy who stitches good leather?

Might as well work on getting guns in stock for now though...

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used the smith there for sights on a pistol and rifle. He's also pointed me in the right direction more than once when I needed to find parts for Grandpa's old guns. He's good people.

The store definitely has more inventory than the last time I was there. I'll be going back when my wallet is a bit fatter.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust me, I know Looper is not custom, I was just using them as a reference. I didn't figure you'd try to point that out. That's all that came to mind since H&H carries ample stock of leather holsters.

I'll be more specific next time for you.

Custom, as in hand made like the kydex holsters Troy fullbrights son is making for yalls small triple crown holster inventory.

Maybe you can find a local guy who stitches good leather?

Might as well work on getting guns in stock for now though...

Responding to you but also for the benefit of others that may not be as knowledgeable.

We would love to find someone local that is good at working leather, kind of like the guy that makes our semi-custom exotic wood 1911 grips.

Geting guns in stock, and then out of stock quickly at a fair price, is definitely our main goal at the moment.

ETA: Crap, wrong account.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if you were looking something specific but we have some on the shelf now. Just an FYI.

I may venture out for some. Not to bring other names up in your thread, but j&g had surplus ammo in clear ziplock bags divided out in to 20 packs. Kinda like they just opened up a spam can. I liked that cause I know what I was buying I prefer the copper washed instead of the lacquered rounds and last time it was a gamble what was in the brown pouch haha!

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my first rifle from you guys right after I graduated high school in '92. It was a Chinese SKS. I also bought my first pistol from you guys about six years ago...a .40 XD Subcompact. It was a bigger gentleman that helped me with that and few different other times. Really nice guy.

Once my paperwork gets approved, I'd be interested in a 10.5" BCM barrel if you guys could get one.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gabe@OAS,
Do you guys handle NFA items? And if so, do you have any idea how difficult it not difficult it is to get CLEO sign off in Oklahoma County?

Latest posts

Top Bottom