Hello from Outdoor America.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome! Bought my first pistol from "Fred Baker Firearms" in 1979 when it was in the strip mall by the movie theater up the street. S & W Model 29 6-1/2 pinned and recessed. Bought my first AR in 1985, same place. A Colt 20" SP-1 slabside and 100 rds for $400. Those were the days............. (Sigh)

My first gun purchase was made there too. I bought a TC Contender in .222 for $222 in 1982. Not long after that i bought a SW 59 there. I have a SP1 carbine that was bought at Outdoor America not long after that. I used to buy all of my reloading components there too.

When you started cutting back on gunpowder and components I started cutting back on visits to your store. I stopped in a couple months ago and looked around. I saw a Glock 29 and wanted a price and the guy behind the counter took a phone call and I left. I wasn't going to buy and he was talking to a customer so I didn't care.

It wouldn't take much to get me back as a more regular customer. I have been buying guns from The Tin Star in Weatherford and they are great for me because they are closer than OKC but they have little inventory and order everything I have bought from them.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We definitely handle NFA items and we currently have a few Surefire suppressors in stock. We are utilizing the ATF's new eForm system and with a trust you can skip a 6-8 week wait on the data processing backlog and the ATF is quoting a 5 month shorter wait time on eForm's versus traditional processing.

To parrot Clay's advice, come in and talk to us about an NFA trust if you have even the slightest inkling that you will want to have others possess the item(s) independent of you.

Gabe@OAS

I am currently getting my lawyer friend to work on the trust and hourly will be able to make a purchase early in the new year. Been wanting to get a suppressor for a little .22 pistol just for giggles for the longest time. Hopefully this will be the year.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am currently getting my lawyer friend to work on the trust and hourly will be able to make a purchase early in the new year. Been wanting to get a suppressor for a little .22 pistol just for giggles for the longest time. Hopefully this will be the year.

Oh heavens!! :woot: You will NOT be sorry! Those things are a BLAST!! :D

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mmmmm... cookies!

Send me a PM and let me know your schedule ... I'd hate for you to miss out next week ... I've got to get him out of the house for a while so I can move some furniture around. He hates it when I do that! :D so I need for him to be gone for a bit ... :naughty:

I kinda like this thread being here ... I don't think he knows about it yet ... :naughty: :rollingla

OutdoorAmericaStore

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When you started cutting back on gunpowder and components I started cutting back on visits to your store. I stopped in a couple months ago and looked around. I saw a Glock 29 and wanted a price and the guy behind the counter took a phone call and I left. I wasn't going to buy and he was talking to a customer so I didn't care.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to carry powder without a significant outlay to add a sprinkler system. We do have plans to begin stocking reloading equipment and other components that do not require us to be sprinkled.

If you are still interested in a price on a Glock 29, send me a PM and I will get you taken care of. Just need to know whether you want Gen 3/4 and if you qualify for Glock's Blue Label program.

I am waiting on the ATF for permission to break my can out of jail; should be soon. A .22 can will be my next purchase as well.

Oh heavens!! :woot: You will NOT be sorry! Those things are a BLAST!! :D

Need to get one of those things.

Send me a PM and let me know your schedule ... I'd hate for you to miss out next week ... I've got to get him out of the house for a while so I can move some furniture around. He hates it when I do that! :D so I need for him to be gone for a bit ... :naughty:

I kinda like this thread being here ... I don't think he knows about it yet ... :naughty: :rollingla

Any day but Thursday works for me and he has seen this thread. We talked about it the other day when he came in and bought... I've said too much.

~Gabe@OAS

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
glad to see you guys back running strong. I've bought a couple guns from oas. the last one was a s&w 2214. damn, I wish I had that one back! i'll have to come down and check it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom