1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Hello Mr. Officer

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by Catt57, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Actually after the stop the trooper did want to see my Springfield 45. He'd never seen one before. He was a gun enthusiast too.

Reminds me of the joke about the rancher getting stopped. He told the trooper he had a shotgun an AR a 22 rifle a 357 in the glove box and a 45 on his hip.
    The trooper said, "Wow, so many guns, what are you afraid of?"
    Rancher, "Nothin."

dennishoddy likes this.
  2. DRC458

DRC458 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    OK. What am I missing?

3. KOPBET

KOPBET Sharpshooter

The rest of the story I chose to leave out. I've already told the story here once. Don't feel the need to do it again.

4. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Sounds like he was involved in a Signal 82.

5. Glock 'em down

Glock 'em down Sharpshooter

Rating
    97.8%
    As an LEO, I'm not worried about the guy that tells me about his weapon, it's the guy that doesn't.

tRidiot, thor447, dennishoddy and 5 others like this.
  6. Catt57

Catt57 Gill-Gun Guru

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    That's pretty much why I tell them even if it's not required. Last thing you want during the "interview" is a cop to encounter something they aren't expecting.

7. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    IIRC it was in the early nineties that I stopped a guy in a pickup doing 62 in a 45. I hit the lights and he pulled over and stopped. Before I could put my car in park he steps out of his truck and starts walking towards my car.

I’m thinking one of two things. Either this guy has been stopped by OHP who likes to sit people in their car with them or he’s got something in his truck that he doesn’t want me to see.

I make contact with him and ask him for his license and proof of insurance. He hands me his license and tells me that the insurance verification is in the glove compartment and turns toward the passenger side of the truck to get it. As he’s walking toward his truck I see him glance over his shoulder like he’s checking to see where I am. As he starts fondling with his keys to unlock and open the door I move to his other side while he’s not looking.

He then opens the passenger door and there’s a double barrel shotgun laying on the seat. He looks up where he thought I was and I’m not where he expected me to be. I tell him to go to the rear of the truck and put his hands on the tailgate and be still. I check to see that it’s not loaded and pick up his insurance form. I walk back and tell him that he needs to let any officer know that he’s carrying a gun.

I go back to my car and run the usual inquires on the radio and write the ticket. He’s had a few tickets, but no criminal history. I make contact again and start to tell him that he’s getting a ticket when he interrupts me and starts telling me that he has second amendment rights, he can transport his gun legally from a place of sales, repair or shooting and he has the right to keep and bear arms.

At this point, I interrupt him and tell him that the ticket is for speeding and has nothing to do with his gun. He said “oh”, looked embarrassed, signed the ticket and left.

8. RickN

RickN Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have gone thru Meeker many times in the past without a problem.

9. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well then.

Attached Files:

xseler and Catt57 like this.
  10. John6185

John6185 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Back in the fifties when a Police Officer (we did not call them a Cop back then) pulled one over, you got out of your car and sat in his car but times have changed. Cop was a dirty word and disrespectful.