Help/Info on a Luger 9mm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone help me out with any info on this pistol? From the little bit I could find, I think it's a 1937 S42 German Mauser Pistol, a P08 maybe? Also it looks like something was carved in the grip on the right side, any ideas what that is? Looks like r B maybe. Any ideas of a value? I may end up selling it, if I can figure out what a reasonable price would be. I don't know if the holster is original or not, but it seems to be pretty old and wore out. The numbers on the bottom of the magazine do not match, I don't know if that makes a difference or not. The other mag is a newer Mec Gar magazine. I tried to get pictures of all the markings the best I could.

Attachments

• DSCN1986.JPG
    DSCN1986.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
  • DSCN1987.JPG
    DSCN1987.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1988.JPG
    DSCN1988.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1989.JPG
    DSCN1989.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1990.JPG
    DSCN1990.JPG
    787.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1991.JPG
    DSCN1991.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1992.JPG
    DSCN1992.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1994.JPG
    DSCN1994.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mags rarely match on those, finish pretty worn but at least no major rust or pitting so that's a good thing, initials on the grips maybe? How's the bore? Last one I had was a pristine 1937 S/42 and let it go for $1500 years ago and the a WWI re blue I sold to a buddy for $600, so not really sure what they are going for now in that condition. Take it out and shoot it and think of the history it's seen.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mags rarely match on those, finish pretty worn but at least no major rust or pitting so that's a good thing, initials on the grips maybe? How's the bore? Last one I had was a pristine 1937 S/42 and let it go for $1500 years ago and the a WWI re blue I sold to a buddy for $600, so not really sure what they are going for now in that condition. Take it out and shoot it and think of the history it's seen.
I've had it for about 8 years now and we shoot it occasionally. That's why I'm considering selling or trading it for something we would use a little more often.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if I took it by Ares State Armory in Lawton if they may be able to put a value on it...? Not sure where else I could take it, maybe Murf's in Duncan? Any other ideas or any gun shows coming up in Lawton that anyone knows of?

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if I took it by Ares State Armory in Lawton if they may be able to put a value on it...? Not sure where else I could take it, maybe Murf's in Duncan? Any other ideas or any gun shows coming up in Lawton that anyone knows of?
Lawton Gun Show. November 19-20. Murf’s is a good place IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom