Help me, help me!! I've got 10mm fever again!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm this close to buying my 1st 10mm semi-auto pistol and man am I ever confused. The more I look the more trouble I have deciding. I started looking at a Rock Island Armory full size high capacity 16+1 1911. Lot of nice features but then I started looking at the Glock model 40 10mm long slide. Also very nice in a completely different direction than the all steel 1911 single action. I also considered the EAA Witness 10mm. Another all steel gun but very different form the 1911. Then up pops the Springfield Armory XDM 10mm. Again a polymer frame, striker fired semi-auto with a lot of nice features. They are all in the same general price range and they all have a lot to offer. As I said before I am totally confused now. Any suggestions, opinions, personal experiences with any of these guns that might tip me one way or the other?
10mm-XDM-3.jpg EAA 10mm.jpg glock40.jpg R I 10mm.jpg

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Been there. 10mm is such a bad ass round.

Speaking from a place of ignorance I’d avoid the RIA doublestack. To me it’s the best of both worlds but maybe too good to be true. Full disclosure, never owned, shot, or even fondled one an RIA (could be a fine pistol). My concern would be the reliability of the magazine and suitable alternatives. A friend of mine bought a para double stack .45. After having some FTFs he did some research and found that the magazines can be finicky. I don’t know if he ordered new ones or worked over the old ones but he did get it running like a top. Could be a one-off or it could be a thing. Just don’t imagine seeing a lot of doublestack 10 mags out there.

Not to throw gas on your fire but have you seen the new P220s in 10m? Action Arms in Tulsa had a few the other day.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm this close to buying my 1st 10mm semi-auto pistol and man am I ever confused. The more I look the more trouble I have deciding. I started looking at a Rock Island Armory full size high capacity 16+1 1911. Lot of nice features but then I started looking at the Glock model 40 10mm long slide. Also very nice in a completely different direction than the all steel 1911 single action. I also considered the EAA Witness 10mm. Another all steel gun but very different form the 1911. Then up pops the Springfield Armory XDM 10mm. Again a polymer frame, striker fired semi-auto with a lot of nice features. They are all in the same general price range and they all have a lot to offer. As I said before I am totally confused now. Any suggestions, opinions, personal experiences with any of these guns that might tip me one way or the other?
View attachment 137546 View attachment 137547 View attachment 137548 View attachment 137549
You did not mention the best 10 mm of all!

www.imfdb.org_images_8_8e_S_26W_Model_610_Revolver.jpg

Or perhaps this variation.

12463_01_lg.jpg

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love them wheel guns! And I did consider that route at one time. I'm just stuck on a semi-auto for this 10mm. Loved looking at those S&W's though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom