Help me, help me!! I've got 10mm fever again!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Colt Delta Elite, RIA, and a Dan Wesson Bruin...Getting ready to send a 40 cal Nighthawk back to Berryville to have a 10mm barrel fitted....

Please allow me to introduce myself...LOL fat chance of ridding yourself of the wants here. Click on the thumbnails for large pix
DSC_2542.JPG DSC_2543.JPG

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Colt Delta Elite, RIA, and a Dan Wesson Bruin...Getting ready to send a 40 cal Nighthawk back to Berryville to have a 10mm barrel fitted....

Please allow me to introduce myself...LOL fat chance of ridding yourself of the wants here. Click on the thumbnails for large pix
View attachment 137553 View attachment 137554

I likely got some drool on it, my apologies..

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been there. 10mm is such a bad ass round.

Speaking from a place of ignorance I’d avoid the RIA doublestack. To me it’s the best of both worlds but maybe too good to be true. Full disclosure, never owned, shot, or even fondled one an RIA (could be a fine pistol). My concern would be the reliability of the magazine and suitable alternatives. A friend of mine bought a para double stack .45. After having some FTFs he did some research and found that the magazines can be finicky. I don’t know if he ordered new ones or worked over the old ones but he did get it running like a top. Could be a one-off or it could be a thing. Just don’t imagine seeing a lot of doublestack 10 mags out there.

Not to throw gas on your fire but have you seen the new P220s in 10m? Action Arms in Tulsa had a few the other day.
I have looked at a few of them.........hmmmm.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got a Glock 40 and the RIA 10mm 6” double stack. The RIA is much more fun to shoot. It’s a cupcake really. I hate to even say this, but it’s been 100% reliable. I would totally recommend it. The Glock isn’t bad and is much cheaper, though.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I’ve got a Glock 40 and the RIA 10mm 6” double stack. The RIA is much more fun to shoot. It’s a cupcake really. I hate to even say this, but it’s been 100% reliable. I would totally recommend it. The Glock isn’t bad and is much cheaper, though.

Great info on the RIA I’ve been a skeptic on DS1911 good to hear.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's interesting. I just don't think I can shell out for the 6" RIA double stack. But I can go as far as the 5". I'm seriously beginning to think that that's what I'm gonna' do.

snafu21

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a RIA 16+1 1911 10mm and a Glock 29 10mm.

I really love shooting the RIA but wouldn't be able to carry it daily. It's super heavy and the slide is a bear to rack. Not sure that in a stressful situation that I'd be able to clear an issue.

I carry the Glock everywhere all the time other than work. I carry a Shield .40 at work.. It's just smaller.

Latest posts

Top Bottom