Help me, help me!! I've got 10mm fever again!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a glock 21 and just buy a 10mm barrel. You can change it to several different calibers.
Good point. Now do gen 5 and gen 4 interchange or would I just have to stick with gen 4 slides only? Can I put a Glock 40 long slide and barrel on a gen 5 Glock 20 or 21 frame? In other words I don't know a whole lot about the interchangeability of Glock's from generation to generation, model to model and caliber to caliber. Interesting thought though.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a heads up that SGAmmo has a great deal on 10mm Magtech 180gr ammo. I just ordered a 1K round case of JHP for $299 + $12.50 shipping and state tax. With two 50 rd boxes of Federal HST 124gr HST 9mm, my 1100 round order was $391.13 delivered. :)

They also have 180gr FMJ for as low as 0.27 cents per round.

I've shot Magtech 9mm and .45acp before with good results and their "CBC" brass flows through my 550 like butter. Hoping for the same with their 10mm. Factory stated muzzle velocity is 1230fps. I'll post a report once I get a chance to shoot some!

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got the Glock 40 with a RMR and also a 29. Love them both. Some 10mm guns that are on my watch list are:

Sig 220 match krpt
Springfield TRP 6”
Dan Wesson Bruin
Ruger GP-100 3”
Prelock Smith 610. Unicorn

And I remember when we had an OSA shoot a long time ago out at USSA and a member had a full auto 10mm something. That member went by FA10mm or something but I can’t remember who it was...

Looking forward to your range report Jerry.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I went with the RIA FS HC Double stack 1911 A2. It's not in yet but I've already started getting some extras. I ordered some Sillier and Ballot range ammo and some 180 grain hollow points. I also ordered 4 magazines from Gregg Cote LLC for $32.95 each. I just couldn't do with just 1 mag.. Gotta' say though that these things are nice. High polish blued finish they are made in Italy and they have really strong springs. I loaded up 5 rounds just to make sure the 10mm would fit 'cause they're only marked 40 S&W. both .40 and 10mm fit but it's a struggle to just get those 5 rounds in. I don't know what it will be like when I get to the 16th round. Can anyone recommend a mag loader that will fit these mags? They are the ACT MAG and I believe they are maybe what comes with the gun. The follower has a very high ridge that makes it hard to push down when loading that first round.
10mm mags.jpg 10mm mag 3.jpg

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been there. 10mm is such a bad ass round.

Speaking from a place of ignorance I’d avoid the RIA doublestack. To me it’s the best of both worlds but maybe too good to be true. Full disclosure, never owned, shot, or even fondled one an RIA (could be a fine pistol). My concern would be the reliability of the magazine and suitable alternatives. A friend of mine bought a para double stack .45. After having some FTFs he did some research and found that the magazines can be finicky. I don’t know if he ordered new ones or worked over the old ones but he did get it running like a top. Could be a one-off or it could be a thing. Just don’t imagine seeing a lot of doublestack 10 mags out there.
n
Not to throw gas on your fire but have you seen the new P220s in 10m? Action Arms in Tulsa had a few the other day.

Para double stacks we notorious for being finicky. I had a TAC-4 with 5 magazines - 2 had one coil count and 3 had another, none were reliable. Wolff springs made them all work perfectly.

The 10mm steel frame P220's are heavy and make shooting 10mm a breeze.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my 10MM Rock Island Armory double stack.

Attachments

• Bianchi RIA.jpg
    Bianchi RIA.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 130
  • RIA 1.jpg
    RIA 1.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 122
  • RIA 2.jpg
    RIA 2.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 94
  • RIA 3.jpg
    RIA 3.jpg