Help me name this puppy dog.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That aint a Gus, this is a Gus although my brother named him. Took him in when he (brother) died.

PXL_20210720_234257667.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My best bird dog ever was named Dammit. When he was a pup, I used that word much more than his first name during training exercises when he made serious mistakes.
As he matured, you didn't want to be a game bird in the same field he was in. Your time on this earth was short depending on my shooting.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My best bird dog ever was named Dammit. When he was a pup, I used that word much more than his first name during training exercises when he made serious mistakes.
As he matured, you didn't want to be a game bird in the same field he was in. Your time on this earth was short depending on my shooting.
That's what my father accidentally named our farm dog. C'mere Dammit! Git outta here Dammit! He wouldn't respond to anything but Dammit.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gave a Lab pup to my hunting buddy. She was quite thick and round. He called her, Dolly.

One morning at deer camp, he steps out of camper, can't see Dolly and yells, "Dolly, come here, ya old byotch."

The camp next to us, old woman gets up and walks over. "I'm Dolly, did you want me?"

Never seen him so RED or stammering so much. My laughing probably didn't help.

John Sherman

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, been in and out of 2 hospitals.
Okay, here we go. I had it narrowed down to 3 of the choices that ya'll gave me but my 5 year old grandson took the job over. He said Pa I named the puppy for you while you were gone to spend your vacation at the hospital. 🥰
He said his name is Jack Jack. Of course I said why and he said because he is incredible! I said huh? He said on the movie The Incredibles. Of course we had to watch both movies on movie weekend. I love that boy.....
So Jack has gone back to the vet a couple of days ago and is worm free and weighs 20 lbs now. Quite a change from the first time I laid eyes on him. This is him now playing with my younger female Layla. Norma doesn't play anymore. Thank you all for following along on the incredible adventures of Jack Jack.View attachment 279154View attachment 279156
What ever you call him, he’s a dandy!

Latest posts

Top Bottom