Help me out here with a Ruger 10/22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old ruger 10/22 with gray wood, and stainless receiver, barrel. I am wanting to buy a bull barrel more for the looks than anything else.

If I bought a bull barrel, would I have to modify or cut the stock? Or would it just fit right in?

what barrels would you recommend?

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an old ruger 10/22 with gray wood, and stainless receiver, barrel. I am wanting to buy a bull barrel more for the looks than anything else.

If I bought a bull barrel, would I have to modify or cut the stock? Or would it just fit right in?

what barrels would you recommend?

Unless you already have a .920 diameter barrel installed it will require a new stock or you will need to modify the channel on your existing stock.

What do you plan on using the rifle for? That will go a long ways in determining which barrel to recommend.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh I just target shoot. I never liked the barrels on a 10/22. The bull barrels just look nice.

They look nice and most shoot well, but they're also heavy and unbalanced unless you go with a lightweight model. If you're shooting from a bench and not offhand, this won't matter. Check out Kidd and Volquartsen...you can't go wrong with either. Tactical Solutions barrels are light and fairly affordable, but I won't recommend them as their breech faces are aluminum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom