Help me pick a chainsaw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of my sthils start when you follow the directions. Choke, pull starting cord till it coughs, may take a couple of pulls, flip to run and it usually starts on the next pull. I have two 034 chainsaws, a leaf blower, a pole saw and a weed trimmer.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of my sthils start when you follow the directions. Choke, pull starting cord till it coughs, may take a couple of pulls, flip to run and it usually starts on the next pull. I have two 034 chainsaws, a leaf blower, a pole saw and a weed trimmer.

Exactly what mine has done all week. Took this week off to work on some fun projects but the ice changed that. Been working on cleanup every day since Saturday. Not even half way there...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW....I could not find my echo 355t at local stores so I reluctantly ordered one from Homer Depot against my own advice. Then I learned Great Plains Kubota sold echo.... called first thing Mon morning.... they had one and held it for me till later in the day. I called HD to try and cancel my order since i had not received shipment notice. The lady said I couldn’t cancel because it was being shipped directly from echo. Long story short, it seems to debunk the myth of big box stores selling inferior product. Maybe?

none the less a big shout out to GP Kubota. They didn’t have to set aside a saw given the high demand. They had great service when I walked in the door too.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW....I could not find my echo 355t at local stores so I reluctantly ordered one from Homer Depot against my own advice. Then I learned Great Plains Kubota sold echo.... called first thing Mon morning.... they had one and held it for me till later in the day. I called HD to try and cancel my order since i had not received shipment notice. The lady said I couldn’t cancel because it was being shipped directly from echo. Long story short, it seems to debunk the myth of big box stores selling inferior product. Maybe?

none the less a big shout out to GP Kubota. They didn’t have to set aside a saw given the high demand. They had great service when I walked in the door too.

If the model # is the same, then they are the same. If the model # is different, like one off, or a letter added on the end, then yes, its an exclusive model, and may or may not be inferior. They may have changed the specs, or use a different model # so they dont have to price match as its not an "identical product". Could be the exact same but just a different sticker on it. Also, from my research I have found all Echo's have 300 hour EPA CARB compliance, not the 50 or 150 hours that some others use.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yessir I figured some folks may not realize they were sold there that’s why I wrote post #21.
So you will have 2 saws? Or can you return the HD one once it arrives?

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Late to this and haven't read all the response. I have a 20 volt Dewalt and that thing is an animal. Will go right through 6 inch limbs and no gas to deal with.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes but for how long?

I've heard good things about the dewalt, and that their wood tools are better than Milwaukee's. But, with my luck, the batteries would be dead when I need it. I am thinking of picking one up, and maybe the pole saw for maintenance, or the lake, etc. Was hoping they'd be lighter weight, but dont seem to be really. I do like that they quit moving when you let off the trigger, so may be better for my son, or for him to learn on. I guess we all learned from this thread that they are like AR's or Lay's, you cant just have one

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the dewalt, and that their wood tools are better than Milwaukee's. But, with my luck, the batteries would be dead when I need it. I am thinking of picking one up, and maybe the pole saw for maintenance, or the lake, etc. Was hoping they'd be lighter weight, but dont seem to be really. I do like that they quit moving when you let off the trigger, so may be better for my son, or for him to learn on. I guess we all learned from this thread that they are like AR's or Lay's, you cant just have one

You could do what I do with batteries for my drill and driver - I have a pair of batteries, with one always in the charger. When I want to use one of those tools, I swap the battery on that tool for the one in the charger so I work with a fresh charge.

Even then, I’m always running out of juice at inopportune moments during a project. If I can get away with it, I use either corded or pneumatic tools.

Latest posts

Top Bottom